• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A new adventure for me

I signed up for the Clam Ice Team University in March at Craguns resort in Brainerd. I am also going to Lake of the Woods  in January for an all women ice fishing trip. I never thought I would be this excited for winter to get here.  Didn't get much open water fishing done this year due to my husband's battle with his health the last 4 months. Things are slowly turning around for him so now I can get excited about doing some fishing.

I signed up for the Clam Ice Team University in March at Craguns resort in Brainerd. I am also going to Lake of the Woods  in January for an all women ice fishing trip. I never thought I would be this excited for winter to get here.  Didn't get much open water fishing done this year due to my husband's battle with his health the last 4 months. Things are slowly turning around for him so now I can get excited about doing some fishing.

Well things didn't go so well after all, my husband seemed good on Sunday. We  watched the Vikings game together at the nursing home, I even picked him up a banana split blizzard which he scarfed down. Monday brought a disappointing change and by evening he was transferred back to the ICU at St, Mary's in Duluth, He went downhill on Tuesday and passed away Wednesday morning. This was totally unsuspected that he would go so fast. We would have celebrated our 45 wedding anniversary Dec. 26th. This is going to be a particular tough winter for me.

lambjm-

I am very sorry.  May the good memories you had with your husband carry you through the Winter and beyond.  I know you will find times where you know he is with you...it will happen and will be a very warming experience that will bring a smile to your face.