• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Save A Doe - Please Consider It

Friend of Doe?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

172 wish we would have had a few doe permits, could have filled all of them.

172 seen nothing this year not even a Doe! We went 1-8 point for 5 guys and didn't hear much shooting at all. Glad your in the right spot.

172 seen nothing this year not even a Doe! We went 1-8 point for 5 guys and didn't hear much shooting at all. Glad your in the right spot.

Strange.   we are south of 200,  Saterday sunday half monday first weekend 21 deer 3 bucks, second weekend half day sat. half day sunday 13 deer no bucks.. Fair amount of shooting on opening day and then it really fell off. I'm done for the year, part of the crew is going back up this weekend, I'm heading back to ND to chase greenheads.. Last Sat. after comming out of the woods we saw 17 does and one buck in the ditch in a 4 mile stretch after dark.. So in that particular area I feel we have a healthy pop. of deer but i do understand it isn't that way every where..

I can understand that some years we can shoot does and some we cannot.  I don't deer hunt anymore but I wish they allowed a doe for anyone under the age of 16 no matter what zone.  It's hard enough to keep a kid intrigued in hunting these days with so much video games and such.  I don't have kids but still would like to see the kids be able to bag a deer doe or buck

Kettle

I can understand that some years we can shoot does and some we cannot.  I don't deer hunt anymore but I wish they allowed a doe for anyone under the age of 16 no matter what zone.  It's hard enough to keep a kid intrigued in hunting these days with so much video games and such.  I don't have kids but still would like to see the kids be able to bag a deer doe or buck

Kettle

the nice thing about that type of regulation, as the DNR will tell you, is that kids in areas of limited doe harvests are extremely successful.  It's really quite amazing at how many does kids actually tag in lottery or bucks only areas.

Kettle

The only areas youth can't shoot antlerless are bucks only. Youth can shoot antlerless in lottery areas. I think it is a good teaching opportunity about wildlife management and conserving resources if they have to wait a little bit passing does and fawns waiting for a buck.