Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyeguy 54

Smaller venny summer batch

10 posts in this topic

Smoking a 3 pound batch in the morning.  In the fridge till then.  Pics later. :)

2 pounds venny

1 pound pork

3T  Tender Quick

1T pepper

1T Paprika

1 Tsp Garlic powder

1 Tsp Onion powder

1/2 cup cut up small dried cranberries

1/2 cup water

I have done this in the past but it's been a few years.  Plan on smoking with a hickory,cherry mix. 

reinhard1 likes this

Awsome!! I gota stop looking at all this summer sausage, I want to  do some real bad, I usually wait till after der season and before ice season, i do it to soon the all the awsome iceshack snaks are gone.

eyeguy 54 likes this

Eyeguy, did you hear that the WHO is advising not to eat red meat. You should probably turn that over to me, and I will dispose of it properly! Your welcome, by the way!  :grin:

reinhard1 likes this

That really looks great!!!  Maybe bring some up to the Grindstone GTG if there is any left.  I'll bring some stuff.  good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Human nature. Especially when one is emotionally invested in elections.   I haven't commented too much on this Russian stuff. Could be true. Could be all just many upset about the election results.    At the very least, Trump may be just getting a taste of his own medicine(the claim he had evidence BHO was not a citizen, the National Enquirer stories about Cruz)
    • Did "YOU" and the "WIFE" enjoy growing up in the cities?  Me personally I grew up in a farm town in southern MN and have lived in Shakopee for the past 25 years.  I absolutely cannot stand living in the cities.  Everything is amped up 500%.  Driving is nuts. Traffic is nuts.  Ever ride your bike down Minnehaha falls on the weekend?  Kids sports is outrageous.  In general if you want to fish, sled, atv, your driving up north...with everyone else on a Friday night.  Unless you get lucky as heck most neighbors are either phony as heck or you never see them.  Seems as though most folks never leave the house.  Unless you have lots of space/land you will have neighborhoods doing fireworks whenever, dogs barking, snowblowing at 10:00PM etc...  Kids rarely go out and play in the cities.  I've discovered that they are constantly being shuttled to event after event, so the notion that the kids on the street will play together is few and far between.  The schools, at least in Shakopee have been great from an educational standpoint!  However because they shift classes and actual schools every few years, my girls have never had the same classmates.  In the town I grew up in we only had 120 kids in the class, so you pretty much knew every kid.  Bussing can be quite limited when your kid wants to do afterschool activities and sports.  Talk about income inequality...in my hometown the farmer was generally the "rich guy" but you never really knew it.  In the cities you definitely know who the rich folks are and boy does it bring out the competition in folks.  And I'm not talking CEO's and big wigs, I'm talking 2 professionals pulling down 6 figures each.    That's the other thing most people skim over when talking about the greatness of the metro.  Sure if you can afford $125 tickets for the wild game, or $85 tickets for a play, or "shopping" as your activity it IS a great place.  But if your not willing to pony up the money for those events it can be a little boring.  That's why I enjoy Shakopee in that I can head down to the river and take a nice long walk in peace and quiet.  Especially in the winter!   Maybe because I'm getting older and older but this notion that life is all about money, money, money seems less and less important.  Granted I understand you have to make a living and provide for your family, which is why I deal with it, but ultimately you have decide what your family wants out of life.  That is why I am encouraging my kids to seek a life away from the big metro area.  Especially since they enjoy being outside so much.  Full disclose we bought a small cabin last year as our way to "deal with it".  Now I have a place to go to get away AND in 6 years when my youngest graduates high school I will be out of here...  Good luck!!!!
    • True, but we have liberal corporate run media and the fact you are seemingly blind to that fact shows your bias.     
    • my old house was a 6.5 x 12' (No V front) with an outside 2x4' in front for bathroom.   I really didn't notice any difference in towing it.  I know a guy who had his house built with about 2' wide V in front which opens the entire area up quite a bit and he wishes now he would have went 3' wide.  And this still gives you plenty of space on the V to put your LP tanks.     Wish I would have done that on my new 8x16'.   The little gas the V front may save you, to me is not worth the value of that extra space.    
    • I thought there was no point?
    • The US doesn't have state controlled media at all. Well, didn't have. Now we have Bannon and Breitbart in the White House, and of course at Trump's press conference there was only a single reserved seat: front and center for Breitbart.   As far as psychological manipulation: you are subjected to it daily, but usually for commercial purposes. You can easily go the whole day without seeing anything politics related, but good look avoiding advertising for a day.
    • Worst buy I ever bought. I sold it the next week. I like 13 products but not this line of products
  • Our Sponsors