• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Torii Hunter Retires

Bobby Bass

After 19 seasons Torii Hunter is calling it, A class act guy and special ball player. I spent many an afternoon hearing his name being called for a catch or clutch hit or that call of Touch em all Torii Hunter. Would ne nice if he stayed around the Twins to show the young guys how the game is played.

Edited by Bobby Bass

Props to Torii for going out on his terms and also for saving Twins management from themselves in bringing him back for another season. I would much rather the younger players get the playing time than him. There just wasnt a spot for him next year.

I dont understand why some people were set on bringing him back. Sure 22 homers and 81 RBI are decent numbers but overall the rest of his numbers were near the very bottom among MLB regulars. And lets not forget that he was going to be even older next year. The idea that the twins were willing to re-sign him at the expense of a Hicks, Buxton, Arcia or Kepler would have been a shame.

Tough situation for both sides. He was a great player to watch though and will be missed.

Wrong guy retired, lets bring him back to play 1st. He had 99 less plate appearances then our firstbasemen and put up 22 and 81. Our guy at first put up 10 and 66 with 666 plate appearances and led all lefties in GIDP. I don't think in 4 months when they report again he'd lose all that much coming off a 22 and 81 season, but he's paid his dues and hope he got back from the game all he put into it.