• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ultra pack or Pro pack?

Huey

Tough call. I usually go with the pro packs but the transducer holder is really nice on the ultra pack. Here are the spec differences.

so-you-want-to-buy-a-vexilar-4_squarethuThe Pro Pack II is a very functional case that comes with a digital battery status indicator to keep an eye on your battery status and a 9 amp hour 12 volt battery. It too has the one amp charger and this round case fits into a five gallon bucket. It has other things like a cable management system and even a Vexilar tackle box.

so-you-want-to-buy-a-vexilar-5_thumb.jpgThe Ultra Pack Case is the last of the three and is consider the ultimate is the Ultra Pack. The Ultra Pack is available from the factory with a FL-12, FL-18, FL-20 and FL-22HDunit. It has a unique enclosed battery compartment with a master on/off control switch design. It has remote charging ports, a great cable storage system and also comes with a tackle box. The over-all case offers a taller, easier to reach feature plus it fit into a five gallon bucket.

- See more at: http://www.vexilar.com/blog/2014/08/28/so-you-want-to-buy-a-vexilar#sthash.jY9Woiet.dpuf

Edited by Garett Svir

I would not buy the flx28 unit until vexilar fix the freezing up issue. according to tech, 2015 models flx28 are locking up at certain depths. They should post on there page or pull there stock out so we as customer don't have to deal with it. I just bought mine last week and first time I use it, it froze up on me. Call their tech and all they said was they don't know whats the problem but they are working on it. Ask the if they been getting lots of call about same issue and they said yes. so i would wait until they fix the issue to get it