• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2015 Pheasant/Grouse season photo's

Lets see your success photo's with Pheasant and Grouse!  Dog's too!  Also be sure to include location of your hunt.  ie, SW Mn or NE South Dakota, or Near Timbucktoo.  Ready, GO!

This is gonna be a fun thread, first pic was planted birds( I know but the young pooch had to start somewhere ). Second was this past Saturday evening and the last was Sunday. ...wild birds were west of Willmar a smidge. ..

20151004_101850_resized.jpg

20151017_183207_resized.jpg

20151018_111209_resized_1.jpg

Edited by bobberineyes

That would be Garmin Astro or Alpha collars.

The antenna allows the dogs GPS collar to talk with your GPS hand held unit.   

Great tool for keeping track of dogs quietly.  Especially in higher grass or in the grouse woods.

The extra length of collar can be trimmed away.  It took me a year to actually do it, but it makes for a neater look and what dog running through grass needs that distraction ?

Edited by brittman

Yup, What BMan said. Garmin Alphas. Length of the antennae doesn't really bother me or the dogs, plus I can always find them! Great for keeping track of them when they're looking for crippled ducks in thick cattails, or when they're holding point on a rooster in buck brush. Really puts my mind at ease. 

Awesome pictures brittman. My oldest brittany is 11 and still going strong.  He can't bust cattails all day anymore,  but if I pace him he is still a machine. My 3 year old is finally coming into his own. I don't think he will ever retrieve like his older brother,  but he sure does a darn good job finding birds.  2 older roosters on public land has proven he has his act together.