Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

News - REAP Public Private Cost Share Grants Approved

1 post in this topic

The Natural Resource Commission for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources approved three Resource Enhancement and Protection Public Private Cost-share grant requests from the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation at its October meeting. The projects were awarded more than $440,000. 

Full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Great pictures by all that have shared thus far!    Three of my best or my favorites anyway...        
    • I was out and about wetland areas this weekend and saw lots of waterfowl.  Many trumpeter swans, high flying tundra swans, gadwalls, shovelers, a few wood ducks, ring necks, hooded mergansers, , a pair of goldeneyes, and a loon.  I also saw many sandhill cranes.        
    • Volume wise it cuts the same as any othe 8" auger.  Does the Nils make finer chips than others?   I never saw the issue the few times I used mine.  Can you reverse the drill and push the slush down the hole.?
    • Sorry, but Ive had enough of the indepedent/liberturd fence sitter crowd pissing down their righteousness on reality.
    •   Makes no difference what place we are in or that Stall has scored 2 goals in the last 5 games (you call that bunches?).....who would not want to play the Wild in the first round at this point?  This is absolutley shocking to me....they appear to me like a ship without a Captain....7 games left to figure it out.
    •   I go fishing here whenever I need a laugh.  They are always biting.......well the big fat Sucker Fish anyway.
    • i have seen more useless products succeed, but I can't see a practical use for this thing. I do agree with the icing aspect as well as the battery life. U better have a option to free spool this. 
    • Bearsheet4brains to the rescue.    
    •   Then the bad wookies landed, trying to get everyone to believe they were gods and could cure everything with their magical potions, driving a few totally batpoop. Pretty soon there was name calling and bashing, and it just went on and on. Others that were smart left, and the ones still there continued arguing about what kind of people and things were better, with no respect for anyone or anything, since the gods no longer stepped in and stopped it, except to change words that had no meaning anyway. Pretty soon, it was all arguing wookies and people and other creatures, until the land of the forum exploded, throwing all the creatures spinning  out into space, where they formed their own little galaxies, and soon they all  started arguing and preaching and complaining and.....
    • Here is how the math works out on the 100 holes per day.  First off, not every hole gets fished.  Secondly, I am not just drilling holes for myself.  When I am with my kids or an older person or fishing partners who don't understand where the holes need to located on a particular area I might drill all the holes for 4 people to hole hop.  Thirdly, ice thickness plays a roll.  I will drill many more holes in a day on 16" of ice than 30".  I know this may be hard for some to understand but some people really truly actually will drill 100 holes in a day.  I am a very crafty ice fisherman who has adapted to extreme cold weather by using a portable "flip over" shelter and propane heater to keep myself warm and my equipment from icing up.  Yes, even when hole hopping.  That's why they call it a portable.  Haha.  
  • Our Sponsors