• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The one "unhealthy" food thats your personal weakness

tacklejunkie

Better to start with everything and then walk it back if I come across something that doesn't apply. Vodka might be the healthiest thing on the list.

Wings

Pepsi

Smoked Pork

Prime Rib

Fries

Sausage

Pizza

If I give up what I shouldn't eat I will be wishing I was dead.

Better to burn out than to fade away.

I am not sure I have a real desire to see 100 but I do know that the earlier I start eating healthy and treating my body right means the better quality of life I will live in my later years...

On 4/30/2016 at 1:55 PM, PurpleFloyd said:

If I give up what I shouldn't eat I will be wishing I was dead.

Better to burn out than to fade away.

Id rather take a risk venturing out in the woods with a healthy body that I can push to the limit than health risks associated with eating like a bum.  You only live once, so might as well stress the heck out of your body and expose it to health risks. OR  You only live once so take care of body so you can experience what life has to offer. 

You got it wrong but I wont try to stop you from killing yourself earlier than whats possible.

It is hard to know what the right stuff to eat is....   I guess it is considered unethical to lock people up in cages and feed them different stuff to see how long they live...

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

It is hard to know what the right stuff to eat is....   I guess it is considered unethical to lock people up in cages and feed them different stuff to see how long they live...

Simpleton much?

Na, we'll let a bunch of food and drug lobbyists dictate whats safe or not. Educate yourself.  Quality food, though can be tricky to find, is readily available.  Might pay an extra buck but you should be worth it.  The way you think you might as well just eat like garbage and let the trust worthy medical/healthcare system but us back together.  Dont worry though Del, you arent the only one that thinks that way, spend about 10 minutes in a very public setting and I'm sure theres plenty that can relate with you.  They occupy more "space" than the others and you wont find them putting their body through anything "daring" other than an extra large Coldstone with sprinkles.

On 10/23/2015 at 9:45 PM, fishuhalik said:

Chicken wings. We have the best chicken wing place about 5 blocks away. Their habanero cheddar wings are always my cheat meal. To all of you that like cheese, it ain't that bad for ya if you limit your carb intake. 

Chicken is unhealthy? I have to say, I really don't eat that much that would be considered unhealthy. On the other hand, I don't really eat much that is considered healthy either like veggies and fruit. Guess I'm just kind of a boring eater.

2 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

Simpleton much?

Na, we'll let a bunch of food and drug lobbyists dictate whats safe or not. Educate yourself.  Quality food, though can be tricky to find, is readily available.  Might pay an extra buck but you should be worth it.  The way you think you might as well just eat like garbage and let the trust worthy medical/healthcare system but us back together.  Dont worry though Del, you arent the only one that thinks that way, spend about 10 minutes in a very public setting and I'm sure theres plenty that can relate with you.  They occupy more "space" than the others and you wont find them putting their body through anything "daring" other than an extra large Coldstone with sprinkles.

Unable to perceive sarcasm much?  So are you a paleo, low carber, organic, ovo-lacto, vegan, hi protein, low fat, high fat, guy?  Which plan are you on?  Or do you just put a few drops of something in a bottle of water and shake it up, then put a few drops of that in another bottle and shake it again, Homeopathy style? 

Turns out here Ancel Keyes from U of Mn maybe didn't get it right.  So, enlighten us.  What is the ideal diet composition?  Who do you believe? 

Anyone who believes in Chiropractic and Naturopathy and Homeopathy shouldn't be ripping on what anyone believes.  And you have no idea what I believe about eating and diet.  All you know is that I approve of vaccination and think that most of the Alternative Medicine folks like Chiropractors are deluded. 

Edited by delcecchi

upon rising                                      26gm servings carbs from fruits[1 tablespoon honey]

3 hrs. later                                      58gm servings protein, 32gm fat

3 hrs. later                                      51gm servings protein, 42gm serving carbs, 26gm fat

3 hrs. later                                      32gm servings carbs from vegetables

3 hrs. later                                      42gm servings protein, 26gm serving carbs, 13gm fat

before bed                                        32gm serving protein

I will have other servings of protein, fats, and carbs at different times, its basically just a guide for me.  Protein comes from animals as well as 1 protein shake and a bar. NO SOY at all!  Carbs mainly come from greens and fruits, rarely do I consume bread, rarely do I consume any corn.  I try my best to stay away from a bag or box.  I think the food industry is a complete joke rivaled only by the healthcare system.  

I weigh 190 

Edited by DrJuice1980

17 minutes ago, DrJuice1980 said:

upon rising                                      26gm servings carbs from fruits[1 tablespoon honey]

3 hrs. later                                      58gm servings protein, 32gm fat

3 hrs. later                                      51gm servings protein, 42gm serving carbs, 26gm fat

3 hrs. later                                      32gm servings carbs from vegetables

3 hrs. later                                      42gm servings protein, 26gm serving carbs, 13gm fat

I will have other servings of protein, fats, and carbs at different times, its basically just a guide for me.  Protein comes from animals as well as 1 protein shake and a bar. NO SOY at all!  Carbs mainly come from greens and fruits, rarely do I consume bread, rarely do I consume any corn.  I try my best to stay away from a bag or box.  I think the food industry is a complete joke rivaled only by the healthcare system.  

I weigh 190 

I bet you're a lot of fun at a party. 

1 hour ago, DrJuice1980 said:

I weigh 190 

So, you've lost a lot since your AVATAR picture! ;)

No, not really.  Maybe was 200 then.  Trimmed down a tad but not much.  That was about a year ago and I am in slightly better shape.  

How can you judge height and size by a thumbnail picture?  Must have worked the "Guess Your..." booth at the county fair once or twice.  Throws a wink in there too, for effect.  That is funny, but not the way you had intended.

3 minutes ago, DrJuice1980 said:

No, not really.  Maybe was 200 then.  Trimmed down a tad but not much.  That was about a year ago and I am in slightly better shape.  

How can you judge height and size by a thumbnail picture?  Must have worked the "Guess Your..." booth at the county fair once or twice.  Throws a wink in there too, for effect.  That is funny, but not the way you had intended.

DrJuice, you need to really lighten up. I've heard that using "juice" can make people a bit up tight and angry. :(

On 5/2/2016 at 11:56 AM, DrJuice1980 said:

Id rather take a risk venturing out in the woods with a healthy body that I can push to the limit than health risks associated with eating like a bum.  You only live once, so might as well stress the heck out of your body and expose it to health risks. OR  You only live once so take care of body so you can experience what life has to offer. 

You got it wrong but I wont try to stop you from killing yourself earlier than whats possible.

lol