• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The one "unhealthy" food thats your personal weakness

tacklejunkie

butter.  When I eat corn on the cob I don't rub some on, I take a chunk of butter and put in my mouth and then gnaw off some corn and let it melt in my mouth.  Butter on rolls, butter on toast, butter.  We don't stock margarine at all.  Before reading this post I was actually thinking of making some butter, weird.

Donuts in the morning, and around lunch time if there are any left from breakfast.  Also sometimes in the afternoon if I need a snack, and occasionally at night before bed. Oh and if I can't sleep and wake up in the middle of the night thats a good time for a donut to.  

3597694566_d3da21ab0d.jpg

Frozen pizzas and fast food. I swear if I could cut out fast food (and the soda that comes with it) I could shed the pounds fast. But there always seems to be an excuse to swing through the drive-thru more often than I should.

On the flip side, two suggestions for better eating.  If you love sour cream as a topping, try plain Greek yogurt instead.  On things like tacos I can’t even taste a difference and you can really slather it on and not feel guilty.  Also, if you like frozen treats - try freezing Go-Gurts.  They’re not entirely healthy, but are cold and sweet and much better for you than an ice cream treat.

Apple Pie, Mmm did I mention breakfast apple pie, lunch apple pie, supper apple pie, snack apple pie. In the boat fishing apple pie, an excuse to stop to eat if there is a fresh apple pie sign in the window.... I think maybe apple pie..

I forgot that one.  Thanksgiving a few years ago I had four pieces after dinner while watching football at the in laws.  The car ride home was funny at first when I locked the windows and before we got home I was trying to drive with my head out the window too.  Maybe too much information but it's still and epic apple pie story my kids bring up every Thanksgiving.

We're going to the apple orchard tomorrow, I'm envisioning apple pie and crisp making it into my diet over the weekend.  Thanks Bobby!!!

I forgot that one.  Thanksgiving a few years ago I had four pieces after dinner while watching football at the in laws.  The car ride home was funny at first when I locked the windows and before we got home I was trying to drive with my head out the window too.  Maybe too much information but it's still and epic apple pie story my kids bring up every Thanksgiving.

We're going to the apple orchard tomorrow, I'm envisioning apple pie and crisp making it into my diet over the weekend.  Thanks Bobby!!!

I bet you could make something that was acceptably health conscious by putting sliced apples in the gratin dish mixed with cinnamon and splenda, topped with oatmeal, walnuts, a little whole wheat flour, and some vegetable oil or pure olive oil.  Even butter....  as a struessel topping. 

Cheese. I cant imagine life without cheese.

I can't either. Blocks of cheese. Concrete block size. And slices. And sticks. And shredded. And melted. :P

Oh, and breakfast sausage. That includes bacon. Lotsa bacon. C'mere, pig. 

Ice cream, particularly of the Schwan's variety. It didn't help that we had Jersey cows when I was a kid. We had access to the best cream on the planet which in turn made the best ice cream. Of course now with our Haralson apples being in season and a steady stream of apple crisp, pies and anything else that can be made from apples, it's simply not the same without some vanilla ice cream on top. OK, a lot of that on top. :D 

I can't either. Blocks of cheese. Concrete block size. And slices. And sticks. And shredded. And melted. :P

Oh, and breakfast sausage. That includes bacon. Lotsa bacon. C'mere, pig. 

I have to agree.  Boy, my list is getting pretty long.  

Ice cream is my fave.  I try to stay away from it but now and then we get a pail and eat it every night till it's gone.  Of course with caramel, or chocolate or butterscotch on it.  Also potato chips.  I got some Lays chips last week.  It's been a long time.  Man were they good.  Greasy and salty.  Darn.  Now I want both.  First some chips and then some ice cream, then bed time.  

By the way this is the first time I have commented on the"health" area.