Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Boar

Boy, just cant quit!

17 posts in this topic

ok so tonight i finnaly put the finish cuts in the freezer, 8 roast, 2 shoulders for smoking, 2 back straps as long as my legs, for steaks or ssmokin' two huge neck roast, couple slabs of ribs, might have some side bacon to try, 25 lbs of meat for sausage. just as i clean the cutting table my brother in law calls me and says "when did you last check Halles bait, i said last friday, and I left it just around half full, well no pics cause the batteries ran low, UUGH! but the barrel is all empty but 6" in the botom. So Looks like Boar has one more rodeo to got to, pulling halle out at noon. hope to hog tie one more. Probabley do a burn for the ske of getting scent in the air. wish us luck.

eyeguy 54 and icehole10 like this

Good luck!  Last minute heroics would be great!!!

good luck ya putz!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:D:lol: more summer sausage material!!!!!!!!!!

its the last weekend, correct???????????

Edited by smurfy

Wish she could come goose hunting with me tomorrow AM, been a giant in the other end of the cornfield the last 3 mornings according to my dairy farmer neighbor. Good luck guy and gal !

ok so here gose the story, I was all set to pull her outa school for the last huraah, (smurfs a ham head) she text me about 9 and say i wanna stay for pep fest. (smurfs a ham head) geeeze... dad easily folds to her wishes as i told her that when she hunts she's to hunt cause SHE wants to not because I want her to. soooooo Yeah Rebels, go team go! Buuuuuuuuut. Im going over to bait and hopefully wensday or thursday will be be the last Hoedown at the showdown. (smurfs a ham head)

reinhard1 likes this

bummer, those kids and that social stuff.  When I was that age I hunted so much that it took me til about Christmas to get my social life back.  When you're off the radar hunting people forget about you...

Good luck Boar!!  I got pulled out of school all the time for hunting/fishing and I turned out mostly ok (unless you ask my family or friends)!  I hope she shoots a big one, if not, it's quality time with Papa Boar!

leechlake likes this

they only go to school once and judging by your post I be betting it may be homecoming for her school!!!!!!!

Yeah that social life is important, we did end up going out for deer only 10 mn from home, the bear page is a hour 20 away and leaving at 3 then loadingbait and stuff ect ect, we wouldnt have been in stand by 5 at he earliest so i decided to wait, now Im going,"Geeeeeze i dont wanna get up and go bait in the morning, Idont wanna Idont wanna." And smurf your right, its homecoming, and they have fun events. so who am I to say no to BabyBoar.

oh but no deer. i just cant figure that deer thing out.

Hey boar, any updates on Halle's s ites yet? the final weekend is coming.

Arrrgg, I was set to go today with halle but some bad juju at work didnt allow, I text my bro in law yesterday and aske to go take a peek to see if the log was pulled, it was, as i figured. the only possibilities will be sunday if I get back home early enough to make the treck over there with her, JB I'll be at zipple bay park campin in the anglers campground so stop by for a beer, heading ther tomorrow.

Heading to Effie to the Bro in law's hunting land this weekend. Thanks for the invite though. Hope you guys can make it work on the bear.

Hmmmm Effie isn't far from us. We are 7 miles west of talmoon.