• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FF Trade Opinions

nofishfisherman

Just for fun what are your thoughts on this fantasy football trade.  Which group of three players would you rather have?

Justin Forsett, Bal RB 
Joseph Randle, Dal RB 
Amari Cooper, Oak WR 

for

Jamaal Charles, KC RB 
Donte Moncrief, Ind WR 
Greg Olsen, Car TE

My decision has already been made so this won't impact my decision.

You had the same thought as I did.  Those are the three guys I picked up in the trade.

My starting RB's will be Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles, not a bad 1-2 punch.  I also have Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck as my QB's.  Manning was going for cheap in the auction draft so I grabbed him as a future trade chip so I may still have more trades to pull off.

You had the same thought as I did.  Those are the three guys I picked up in the trade.

My starting RB's will be Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles, not a bad 1-2 punch.  I also have Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck as my QB's.  Manning was going for cheap in the auction draft so I grabbed him as a future trade chip so I may still have more trades to pull off.

Sorry, I had to do it..............:grin: 

Peyton Manning’s QB rating is lower than Blake Bortles, Josh McCown, Jameis Winston, Matt McGloin, Johnny Manziel, Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Fitzpatrick, among many, many others. He’s 29th of 34 quarterbacks who qualify.

By just about any measure -- the eye test, the raw numbers, the analytics --Andrew Luck isn't the same quarterback that he was last year.

Right?

Sure, the Indianapolis Colts' franchise quarterback ranks 13th in the league in passing yards through Sunday of Week 3. But he's got just 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on the year, and his adjusted yards per attempt of 4.64 ranks 36th among 38 quarterbacks with at least 30 pass attempts so far.

That's better only than Matt McGloin (4.42) and Jimmy Clausen (3.48).

Yikes.

Oh yeah I'm well aware that neither of them are looking like what we might expect.  But so far at least from a fantasy football standpoint they still have decent value.  3 teams in the league have lost their starters with Romo out, Big Ben out, and Brees banged up.  A struggling Luck or Manning is still putting up better FF numbers than most of whats available on the waiver wire.  Also you have to keep in mind that in FF people will buy on name and past performance alone.  Marcus Mariota is probably putting up better numbers and more points but a lot of guys will take Manning or Luck over him just because of the name and remembering what they have done in the past.

I'm hoping to roll with Luck and hope he can pull out of his funk since we all know he's better than he's currently showing.  Manning is on his last legs in this league, he'll probably put up some nice numbers from time to time but I don't think he's got it in him to be a top FF QB any more. Besides I don't have to get a ton for him to make it worth my initial investment since I bought low.

Yeah that trade didn't go as planned.  In reality it ended up being more or less a wash so far but it has left me a little short at RB.

Over the last couple of years I've gotten bored with FF.  It was so much drafting your team and more less letting it ride for the season with only a few free agent pick ups or maybe a rare trade here or there.  Last year I gave up my normal leagues and did just one or two free leagues.  In those leagues I played around with the draft and did some goofy things to make it more interesting.  I more or less handicapped myself by over drafting at one position, usually QB.  I then look to create trades with those QB's to fill the holes in my roster throughout the year.

It makes things more challenging and interesting to see if you can start with a weak and unbalanced roster and build it into a contender through trades and free agency.  Last year I started 1-5 and with some creative trades and free agent pick ups I pulled off the comeback and worked my way into the championship game.  Ended up losing in the championship by 1 point.

This year I'm doing the same thing and I'm 2-5, not sure a comeback is in the works this year but I'm working on a few things.