• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing setup for ATV

RoldGold

Hey everyone, looking for some ideas.  End of last winter I bought an ATV, 420 Honda Rancher.  Wondering if I could get some ideas on how to set things up to carry my ice fishing gear.  I don't have any storage boxes, and I'd like to try to keep the rear rack open as my son often times is with me.  Mostly looking for auger mount ideas for the front rack.  I've seen some home made jobs that are auger mount/storage box combos, kinda cool.  I usually tow a medium size otter sled as well (if I'm taking the hub house), so organizational ideas for the sled would be great too.  I'm fairly new to ice fishing, so any advise is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

I'm on the ice testing and adjusting blades just about everyday and rack the auger many times over.    Out of all the manufactured racks, Digger Auger Rack is what I prefer.   Otter Shield is also fast and easy but wouldn't work for me as I have to get at the blades.   One consideration with the Otter Shield is length of auger.  I wouldn't want any weight on the blades or mount.

Here is my pack mule. Front auger racks are simple and solid and easy, but can't recall the name, and not sure if they make them anymore. I made the rear so that I can easily get at the soft packs (locators) and stuff in the drop rack without moving my rod case, and open my otter case up easily while it stayed on the atv. It was made to hold two otter cases up top.

A passenger can still sit easily without touching the rack. Looks goofy, but it works :)

atv ice fishing.jpg

atv ice fishing 2.jpg

atv ice fishing 3.jpg