• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well it's officially only hours away. Good luck to everyone who's hunting this year.

Be safe. That waters cold. Those shotguns bite hard. Nobody wants to hear a horror story about someone here on the boards or anyone in the state for that matter. After all, it's just a duck, not worth getting hurt over. 

Most importantly HAVE FUN!!!! Enjoy the sunrise in the blind. Take a kid or a friend who's never been in the duck blind. Try a new spot or slew. Chase a band. But most of all enjoy yourself and the season. 

I realize that we have had a pair of early goose seasons and a youth waterfowl hunt, but this is the big one. 

Please share your experiences. Share pictures. Stop by and tell stories with as much or as little details as you feel like sharing. We will enjoy your successes and laugh with you at fails. 

We are going to have three girls (two granddaughters and a niece) from 10 to 15 and my youngest grandson (who finally does not have a hockey conflict...) at 13 out with us. Should be a great time! Hopefully see some ducks, maybe get a shot at them in the am, then jump some sloughs, then lunch, then trap and target shooting at the farm, and then build a blind in the slough. Then some atv riding and maybe one last slough jumping and then dinner. Likely all while wearing shorts, haha!

Have fun everybody! Be safe.

I can't wait! It's officially the best time of year. 

Supposed to be warm tomorrow, but a stiff south wind is perfect for our hide. We've never been beat to our set yet, but I'm not going to push our luck. Better get there bright and early!

Have four guns and a young squirt just along to enjoy the experience. Hopefully he brings home a few memories. 

Nice work Bryce!! I did not do that well but for me it was the best I have done on opener. Hunted the pond and enough chances to fill a limit but it seems I can only hit wood ducks. The date is off by a day on my camera I will see have wife fix it when she gets home.

Duck Hunt 2015 First morning results.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb9fc264a1fcd3faa53154a

traveled 200miles due west of the house, barely slept due to the excitement.... And it was over before the sun even came up. 

As anticipated it was mostly a teal shoot. But we did get a hen mallard, a hen spoonbill, and a widgeon tossed into the mix. 

Going to scout a different spot for tomorrow morning this afternoon. The rest of the time will be spent studying for an upcoming test. (Fun right???)

Duck opener was as I expected, hunted the pond behind my parents, never really has been good but I hate dealing with people on public water on the opener, one Wood Duck, and Libby made a nice retrieve across the pond and up in the grass, could have pulled the trigger on a couple other woodies but they were pass shots not in the decoys. Dinner was grilled duck breast over a bed of wild rice, smashed red potatoes and green beans.And Libby got to clean up the plate.

duck%202015%201_zpsshwzjiho.jpg

duck%202015%203_zpslmmv3ped.jpg

duck%20opener%202015%20dinner_zpspibxy81

Webster area neighbor guy?

Morris area

Did well today again. Checked two different shallow sloughs yesterday afternoon. Found one with loafing ducks and hunted it this morning. No big ducks, but came back one short of a two man limit. Still an awesome lunch. :P

Morris area

Did well today again. Checked two different shallow sloughs yesterday afternoon. Found one with loafing ducks and hunted it this morning. No big ducks, but came back one short of a two man limit. Still an awesome lunch. :P

nice weekend,  just curious is all, we've done a lot of openers eastern sodak, early years was nothing but big ducks, lately been nothing but little ducks....took this year off out there.