• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Classy Gesture

Wow!   I just got to our cabin up by Walker and saw this.  Sitting with two of my dogs having a cocktail on the deck. It's a beautiful night and I don't have the words to express my gratitude to all of you.  It's not cool enough but I'm making a fire in a bit in the fireplace. My dad used to say that the best tv ever invented was to just sit with a dog and watch the fire. I know you all know what he was saying.  My dad and I say Skol to each and everyone of you.  Amazing.  

Guys,

I need to wrap this thread up.  I just got home from the cabin back to "reality".  Saturday we buried my dad.  Since he was cremated there was no rush.  What a day!   It was about 55 degrees and when we pulled into the little cemetery by Walker the Honor Guard was already lined up and I'd wager it was 18 guys and gals in the Guard.  What a scene to behold, my dad would have loved it.

Most of the visitors were around the grave by the time I was there and I had decided to bring my oldest dog since my sister wrote the obit and said "hunting attire preferred".  I got my old dog out of the kennel and her and I walked up to everyone and we greeted the Pastor and Brit, my dog, sat down and shortly after the Pastor started.  Once he was done he motioned to the Honor Guard, Brit had layed down by then.  

The Guard did their 21 gun salute, Brit stood up at Full Attention, thinking it was retrieving time.   She kept steady but started whining this little whimper, but never moved an inch.  The guy started the trumpet and the tears flowed.  They brought the flag down, unfolded it and refolded it and handed it to my oldest sister.  

I couldn't be more grateful to everyone in Walker and here to help out in this time.  Couldn't have been better. Thanks to all!