• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venison Summer Sausage

DonBo

Awsome cant wait to see them!

ill put pics on in the morning when I slice one up for taste testing. I can tell you that the smells were amazing from mixing all the way thru pulling out of the smoker.

i did screw up 3 of the rolls i think.  Put all the rolls on 3 racks and the ones in the back right were at 170+ when I checked them at 3 hrs and 45 min. I should have pait better attention to that topic. The others were around 145. 

ill report to the boss if the over temp ones were dried out, or just as good as the others.

I had some in my last batch go to 170, they were just fine. Pics please. (before they're all eaten up. :) )

I thought they (the 170+ ones) would have been pretty dry, but the one I cut up was great.

I'll be the gazillionth to say "I should have made the bigger batch." This one is going to go fast- a few to swap with the neighbors, a few to send home with the son in law, and that will be about all there is. 

On 10/19/2016 at 1:05 PM, ThunderLund78 said:

Bumping this to the front of the forum as the venison will hopefully start to pile up soon :)

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT STUFF!!!!!!

Yep, thanks for bringing this to the top. I put some venison in the freezer last weekend that will most certainly go into another big batch of this.

9 hours ago, OLE77 said:

Sure wish the lead thread in this forum could be usable. If it and other threads are obsolete why don't they just get deleted?

What thread are you referring to, and why isn't it usable?   The smoker links? 

19 hours ago, OLE77 said:

Sure wish the lead thread in this forum could be usable. If it and other threads are obsolete why don't they just get deleted?

I will check with Rick and see if there is any way to rebuild the link. If not its time for it to go.

3 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

looks like the links

from 2010 and back are gone?

really love making this stuff. I like to chop up dried cranberries and add.  mmmmmmm

Wasn't that about the time of the split and reorganization?   I would bet that the file hierarchy changed so the link is broken.    

You can use the date on there as a guide and look back in the topics list by selecting old pages.  For example the "smoked duck marinade" thread is on page 152. 

Here is the broken link 

http://hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/217770/SMOKED_DUCK_MARINADE#Post217770

And here is the working link

I don't see any obvious way to convert the links so if there is one that you want to read, make note of the date and make a few tries in the topic list.  It only took me like three or four to find the duck one.  

Shack seems to have found better stuff to do than hang around here..   Someone with nothing to do could redo the list.   

Be a good day's work to go through the 158 pages.   Maybe after snow flies.