• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Been a tough summer but now it's time to play

Iambjm

At the beginning of summer my husbands doctor decided to do open heart surgery, surgery went well but the recovery has been tough. Too long of a story, but it kept my boat in the garage all summer. No fishing other than a couple of times off a dock. In 3 days I am headed to my annual fish camp in Wisconsin! Five days of fishing and having fun with 60 other women. This weekend is great, all about learning new things, helping out novices, great food and wonderful camaraderie.

Two years ago I took a fly tying class there, and again last year. It became an obsession with me and has helped me keep my sanity this year. I am tying mostly jigs, but have done some really great pike flies too. I don't fly fish, but I have found that I can fish them on a spinning rod.Last year I even caught a walleye trolling one of them. I hope to come back with some great reports and pictures!! Might even stop off at the St. Croix rod factory  and snatch up some more bargains. I have about 3 spinning rods and 3 ice rods from there.

IMG_20140808_243031876.jpg

IMG_20150910_014136742[1].jpg

Edited by Iambjm

I  came back late monday night from fish camp. Fishing was really tough, several gals who are very experienced at fishing found it very tough. The weather was beautiful and despite the lousy fishing I had a riot. I taught a fly tying class( 17 eager women) ,went on a cabin crawl in the rain,shared a seat in my boat with a great young gal, ate terrific food,( smoked pulled pork and chicken), met new friends and reconnected with old ones. Sunday morning we had a fishing tournament and I took second place in the bass category. I hated to come home, can't wait till next year.