• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How much do you REALLY use your boat?

Ufatz

You might think you pile up a lot of hours on your boat in the summer. You might be surprised. Brother and I are going to sell our Crestliner Fishhawk and so we have it in shop getting couple things fixed before getting it into the detail shop.  I was shocked when the technician checked engine hours at my request and came up with 97.7 total hours!!! It's a 115 Yammie.  I was flabbergasted even though I knew we didn't use it that much but it is a 2004 with a 2002 Yamaha. 

I KNEW we weren't using it much!   Ha Ha Ha......but I thought  more than 97.7 hours!!

But I confess we use it mainly to get from one bass plugging area to another and then run the PD65 Minnkota and we only fish small lakes.

Edited by Ufatz

I had a Lund Pro V and also my pontoon boat on lift at cabin.  I finally sold the Pro V and since the pontoon has only the 60 Yamaha and I drift walleyes a lot and it's nearly always on I'm guessing in a three day weekend it runs 15 hours at least so thats probably 120 hours a year and it's 6 years old.  720 hours, many times in idol.  Have had zero issues with it and am really curious to how many hours are on it...

77 Hours on a 2014 150hp.  I consciously try not to troll with it to keep the hours down.

I also rarely run wide open, usually cruise around 4,000 rpm getting close to 5mpg and usually burn through around 10 gallons a weekend, so 45-50 miles a weekend.

I put 100-120 per year on my pontoon at the cabin (2012 merc 4 stroke with hour meter). On our old Merc Classic 50 I bet it has a ton, trolled that thing tons  for many years, and lots of wide open running, but no way to tell. Our 97 Merc 150efi still gets lots of trolling hours on it, and it gets used a lot, but lots of casting for bass and muskie, so not that many running hours anymore as it gets used a lot here in the metro. But when trolling up to 5-8 hours a day, it wouldn't take long to rack up 50+ hours just trolling.

I fish quite a bit, but never enough.....

Over fifty hours on the Verado this year, with lots of open water left. Never troll with it, the kicker takes care of that. No evening "cruises" around a lake either. Point A to point B. But I will admit It has idled part of that time because it is quieter than the pro kicker and I forgot to shut It off...

The longest single run so far was 22 miles one way across Lake Superior to Isle Royale.

Edited by B-man715

John, going to the 4 stroke you saved a ton of cash not buying 2 stroke oil. 11 gallons that had to set you back assuming it was an Etec because they certainly don't give that oil away.

My 4 stroke oil is pricey too, but that gets done once per year to the tune of 2 gallons (yes, it takes 2 gallons of oil).