• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Surprises

Bobby Bass

What the h is up with Patterson,  he looks like a deer in headlights coming out of the end zone, I wish he would just take a knee.

Good to hear teddy is ready to go, but then again he's kinda hit or miss, but right now he's our best option. Watching our D play sort of conservative in the first half then put the strangle hold on in the second is quite fun to watch. 

Mess of surprises, Patterson shows why he is still around with a kick of return for a TD, Newman with not one but 2 picks and the last one was a big one. AD shows why you keep feeding him the ball with a 80 yard TD run to seal the deal. Biggest surprise... Vikes are in first all alone and the Packers with out a running game show that Mr Rogers can't do it all in his neighborhood.. Next week Vikes can be up by 2 or back in a tie.. Some timely running by Teddy shows he can pull it down and run when he has to. Finally SOME BIG PLAYS, I hope to see more of them

I know one thing, that we are on top of the division and that is what counts.  Where are the cheeseheads now?  Where are the folks that said the VIkings suck?  Big Dave and Limit?   Doesn't matter, we are the division champs right now and that's what counts and that's what a lot of folks said it would never happen. good luck.

Well we should have seen it coming. Packers have a way of coming in our house and popping our bubble.. A few good down field passes from Teddy were a nice surprise but boy the O line sure made the game hard to win... Of course there were a lot more things that went bad then good in this one. To many penalties killed drives. D gave up some points and a few big plays and sure made Lacey look like he is back for the Pack. Still we are now in a tie for first and a lot of football left to play. We made need some help keeping the Packers from winning the division but we shall see...

I know one thing, that we are on top of the division and that is what counts.  Where are the cheeseheads now?  Where are the folks that said the VIkings suck?  Big Dave and Limit?   Doesn't matter, we are the division champs right now and that's what counts and that's what a lot of folks said it would never happen. good luck.

Boy, you sure know how to tee 'em up.

Vikings still suck.

You are wrong, what counts is who is the division champs at the end of the season. I doubt it will be the vikings.

You are wrong, what counts is who is the division champs at the end of the season.

For Vikings fans it's the small victories (like leading the division halfway through the season after they just played the softest part of their schedule) that matter.

Those meaningless things which nobody receives trophies for are all that Vikings fans have, and had, for the last 50 years or so.

#MediocrityMatters

Nice to see you guy's  back when they loose a game :grin:.   Yes they lost the game and made many mistakes,  their offensive line is plain offensive but they are 7-3 just like the cheeseheads.  They have tough games ahead for sure but they are making progress, that is something that can't be denied.  I think this coaching staff will get the team to a championship in this division.  Will it be this year?  Nobody knows.  You can say the same thing about the cheeseheads at this point.  The VIkings or the cheeseheads will be the division champs at the end.  good luck.

MN can be back in first place by a full game with a win on Sunday. Packers lose last night in a surprise upset  to Da Bears. Time for the Vikes to keep an eye on Chicago as stranger things have happen. Also time to start watching what other teams are doing. Lucky for us we are done with Detroit but the Bears, Packers and Chicago are all going to get a chance to beat up on each other in the next few weeks. I am hoping that last game of the season  with the Packers is not a do or die.

Game ball to Barr, three big plays and he can share it with the rest of the D. 2nd game ball to the O line as good or bad they are the only line in the NFL to have started all 11 games. Today the run blocking unit showed up and opened up holes for  A D who ran It, caught it and showed why you feed him the ball. Vikes back in first and I don't think anyone thought they would be there this time of the year. Couple of more wins and who knows what could happen..

Of course A D gets the #1 game Ball

A D and the O line went up against the number 1 rush defense and put up big numbers.

Edited by Bobby Bass

They sure like to make things interesting though,  agreed on ap, he is definitely the backbone of this offense.  Claire  I mean Blaire  needs to figure out his game, the amount of points he has missed is getting old. The defense speaks for itself,  even with a few backups in they do a pretty good job.

.As Bud Grant would say if you lose by a point or thirty points it is still a loss. I did not think the Vikes would get beat so bad. Losing an all pro caliber linebacker and safety in the first series along with your best D linemen in street clothes left a big hole up the middle that was exploited all game. Now we have Arizona on Thursday and that is going to be a tuff game.

Bridgewater is the most hurried QB in the league at 46% which tells you a lot about our offensive line.  This is his second year so I'm not in panic thinking this is another Ponder.  Not by a long shot.  His problem is his line for sure but it's also holding on to the ball as well and not a long ball threat as far as I can see.  We have a good defense but missing the 3 key players hurts us as we can see.  Play calling is questionable also.   Playing conservative when you are so far behind is nuts.  So you may get intercepted at that point it doesn't make a difference.  At least give it a shot.  I would have had Perterson in the game more than they had.  The excuse is that they had to pick up the passing game.  With short passes and the rush Teddy had on him all day?  They may loose against Arizona but they could beat the Bears and the Cheeseheads and still get in the playoffs.   The cheeseheads are not much better than the Vikings at this point.  We are a improved team at this point from last year.  Still have faith in Zimmer to make this team a championship team.  Maybe not this year but it will happen soon.  good luck.