• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Surprises

Bobby Bass

Hmmm... This is going to be a "wait and see trade for sure." Yeah, we have a bit of LB depth for once, but trading a sometimes solid, sometimes sketchy LB who has had flashes of "really good" at times for a back-up center and 6th rounder seems suspect to me right now. I guess we'll see what their plans are for him, but I hope this doesn't speak to a setback for Sullivan?

Sounds like Flash (in the pan) is being shopped, too. They won't get much for him, so I hope Diggs can be a KR with some punch. At least CP was a threat to break one at any time. Could be an interesting bye week!

REally we got some line depth at Center... with Sully out this is needed and another pick next year... and we get to start Kendricks (R-UCLA) who I like a lot, and we still have cole backing him up... Mike LB was a position of strength (did I really just type that????) Ok it was a position with multiple possibilities and this way we get to play the rookie and see if he can make it work. 

I am a little surprised at how well KC kept AD contained, but you need holes to run through. I am not surprised at all with the play of Diggs! I had him stashed in one of my fantasy leagues and he paid off today. MR Patterson is not looking even good  returning kick offs, just a matter of time I think till he is gone.. D made some key stops and we win one we should have.

I am a little suprise how poor/inaccurate Bridgewater passing game is.  He sure has been missing high a lot this season, especially on short to intermediate routes.  I hope he figures his mechanics out. 

Is he rushing throws/throwing of of the front foot because of our line play?

Seems less sure of himself compared to last year.

First half the defense played great and the second half makes you wonder what happend.  Teddy was average yesterday.  Diggs looked like a pro already.  Peterson ran against a wall most of the day.  Our weakpoint as most of us know is our O line.  Patterson needs to go.  Maybe he will when Johnson comes back.  good luck.

I am a little surprised at how well KC kept AD contained

Shouldn't be that surprising. My 5 month old dog knew he was running on first down. It was a win but it was ugly. Patterson sucks. So he gets a 20 yard kick return. What does that matter when you get to the 13 yard line? I'd rather have you kneel and take the ball at the 20. There are times you return and times you don't. Shows he knows nothing. And that should have been a safety. 

Now Dave... I know how you love to stir the pot... But he referenced Tom Brady was leading he league at 72% as a reference point, thus the comparison ended with the referenced statistic. I think the tone of your post implied that they were comparing more than just the percentage which was not the case when he referenced the individual stat. Comparing TB and TB would be silly at this point as complete players and I think you knew that... Fish elsewhere.;)   

Now Dave... I know how you love to stir the pot... But he referenced Tom Brady was leading he league at 72% as a reference point, thus the comparison ended with the referenced statistic. I think the tone of your post implied that they were comparing more than just the percentage which was not the case when he referenced the individual stat. Comparing TB and TB would be silly at this point as complete players and I think you knew that... Fish elsewhere.;)   

That's the problem, the comparison ended at that point. Those two numbers aren't even worth comparing unless you compare the rest of the numbers. Context is important.

I get your point and it is valid BD...

but I just wanted to point out he was not comparing the whole game of TB and TB... I was not validating his comparison merely that the total comparison was not inferred of the 2 based on him citing the specific stat...

Geeze

Geeze

No it is not a valid point. I was comparing a stat by Teddy to the leader in stats not one Qb against another. Big Dave is just bored and is on this thread to stir the pot, I have resisted on making a comment because that is just what he wants. I started this thread just to make a comment on the Vikes surprise moves as I SEE THEM and for anyone else who likes to comment, not for comments to be made out to be any thing other then that, Silly Town is the place for hijacking.

Surprise, Diggs is back at practice as the 4th wide out... So does anyone think he is not going to get some snaps this week?

As bad as the Vikes played in the first quarter they were pretty much lights out on defense the rest of the game.. Looks like Mr Walsh has found his kicking game, Five field goals helped my fantasy team. AD showed why you have to tackle him every play as he busts that 75 yarder. Looks like Diggs has taken over the starter spot from Johnson and showed why. Outstanding TD catch! But the surprise has to be Touchdown TEDDY 300+ yards passing and a couple of TD's Took a beating though, O line still needs to grow...

I didn't watch the game but listened to it coming back from up north from our deer area.  Ya that first quarter seemed like the 49'er game all over the again.  They snapped out of it, and showed me that they are no longer the Vikings of the past.  good luck.

They played good for three quarters. AP had a great run but they gotta figure out how to get more out of him. One run isn't always good. You can't keep getting him stuffed all the time. Maybe not running on every first down would help that out. 

Not a surprise, the Diggs kid is a player.. 6 catches for 95 yards and a score in an ugly win at Chicago. Johnson with a huge catch at the end of the 4th quarter. He catches balls but never gets any more yards after wards, by biggest reason that I like Diggs starting in front of him.  AD with 103 rushing yards and even though he didn't bust one he looks a lot better running then dancing at the line. Looking back this might turn out to be a bigger win then what it appears now.. Still not impressed with Patterson and his kick returns..

Patterson should go. Could care less if he gets a 24 yard return when he gets to the 16 yard line. Diggs is awesome. Wallace needs to figure out how to play in this offense. The line needs to do a better job but a win is a win. Best part of a Vikes win is a Pack loss to go with it!!!

Kalil has quietly had a very good year thus far, but that one play he got burned on yesterday almost ended Teddy's season! Whoa, that didn't look good at all.

Teddy was really throwing some errant balls, but I do like the fact that he didn't curl up in a shell after getting picked off. The ball to Johnson certainly could have been picked, and if it wasn't for Johnson's aggressive move TO the ball it certainly would have so kudos to him!

Aside from that a gutty win. The Bears are not really as bad of a team as many would think.

This week should be a tough test. Gurly could give our run D a real test. Been better as of late, but if they take notes from our San Fran game we better have made adjustments!!!

Nice to see the tied at first. However, what happens now really depends on Teddy. If he can't come back right away they won't sit there very long. Hill has proven he's not going to be able to hold the team. If Teddy hadn't been taken out of the game it may not have gone to over time. That was a brutal and dirty hit on him. We'll see how he comes back. 

Been away at deer camp so I have had a little bit of time to reflect.... I was surprised Teddy did not get up from the late hit, looked more like a glancing blow then the Brutal hit everyone writes about. He looks to be staring against Oakland so lets hope it was more of the glancing blow.  Walsh has found his foot so to speak, but AD loosing ball is becoming an issue. Diggs is banged up some but when you put up the numbers he has in the first four games you are now noticed. Oakland will be another test for the D Need a good passing game from Teddy to attack Oakland at its week spot.