• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Surprises

Bobby Bass

So far no real surprises as the Vikings start cutting players to get down to their opening day roster. Tomorrow there are a few players that I will be following to see if they make the team. Also I see in the rumor mill C. Patterson name has come up as maybe being traded...

Ya, I just don't think Patterson is going to be with this team after skipping out on the head coach's suggestions for him and his last years output.  All he can do right now is run back kicks and that's not going to cut it.  He does have talent, but I think it's more of his attitude or work ethic.  Maybe a change would do him some good.  good luck.

Ended up being that no surprises came about.  Don't think it's over yet.  Still think Paterson will get traded.  We have enough good receiver's and he just doesn't have it for that position.  good luck.

I would not be surprised if Patterson name is out there.

No real big surprises as no big name was cut, Ford made the team as did Former Gopher Sherels. Henicke looked good when he played and was rewarded with a roster spot, Been awhile since a Vikings QB could throw and complete a slant pattern.Vikes might have found a backup for Bridge down the road. A little surprise that Banyard was cut, thought he might turn into a decent running back. Vikes also traded for a o linemen to help out can’t remember his name right now.

I think his name was Sherils or something like that from the Chargers.  I heard that Paterson didn't want to play in the last pre-season game last Thursday and got into a tiff with a coach.  Don't think they want to release him outright but I don't think he has that much value.  Maybe they can get that 6th round draft pick they gave up to the Chargers for the lineman on that trade.  I also though Banyard was a decent runner when we first got him but we are strong on RB so he goes.  Maybe on the practice squad.  good luck.

Ya the Patterson saga it the most intriguing to me I guess.  I think he got so much attention the first year that maybe he thought he  had it all figured out.  Now he found out it is not that easy in the NFL compared to playing with college kids.  He seems like a good guy so I hope he does get it figured out soon or I think he will be someone else's project.  Man we gave up a lot to get him so I hope we get at least something good in return if he is traded.  That last runback has to have someone thinking they need him.

I think Bridgewater is going to be like a kid on Christmas morning when he hands the ball off for the first time this season to Peterson. I am trying hard not to get to excited about this football season but I think we have a few more pieces to putting a good football team on the field. With Peterson back and a season of play experience for Bridgewater and now having some guys who can catch and run after the catch with the ball should make things interesting. Quick passes so the o line does not have to hold their blocks long will help. D needs to step up and stop the run, get some three and outs and get the O to play on some short fields. Pretty simple, should be easy to do...That is why I am not going to build up to much excitement, The Vikes always have some surprise for us!

Edited by Bobby Bass

Patterson reminds me of Joe Webb, an excellent athlete but one dimensional. I don't think they will cut Patterson but a trade may be down the road, we do need some o line help.

He reminds me more of Devin Hester...  I don't remember Hester doing much as a receiver (if anything) until recent years and even now he's pretty mediocre in that regard.

Just shows that kick returners do have value... and I think that's kind of the route that Patterson's going to go.  He'll be in on some special plays on offence, and maybe he'll figure out rout running, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Hopefully he does... guys got some pretty wicked speed.

Returning seems suit him the best, when he can create his own play, but when someone on the sidelines creates it on paper for him he struggles for some reason. ....maybe it comes down to he was another one that got his diploma under the table.. just saying 

Edited by bobberineyes

I think Bridgewater is going to be like a kid on Christmas morning when he hands the ball off for the first time this season to Peterson. I am trying hard not to get to excited about this football season but I think we have a few more pieces to putting a good football team on the field. With Peterson back and a season of play experience for Bridgewater and now having some guys who can catch and run after the catch with the ball should make things interesting. Quick passes so the o line does not have to hold their blocks long will help. D needs to step up and stop the run, get some three and outs and get the O to play on some short fields. Pretty simple, should be easy to do...That is why I am not going to build up to much excitement, The Vikes always have some surprise for us!

Well the d line got shredded, the o line didn't hold blocks and Bridgewater spent the night looking like a deer caught in headlights. Mr Peterson does not seem to be able to run unless he has a head starts as a deep back. A game that should have been won on paper was lost on the field, Hopefully they will win a game down the road that they should have lost. So much for 16-0 now they will finish 15-1   :D

I will always be and always have been a Viking Fan.  They improved last year under Zimmer and I think they will improve this year also.  One game does not mean a thing, win or loose.  Few games down the road and you can get a better picture.  good luck

Surprise! That AD lost the handle on the ball a few times, I think it might be from no contact all preseason and finally getting smacked a few times.. I bet that problem is over with, Otherwise a decent game and ever one but Blair played better...

Ya, a pleasure to watch for sure.  I think AP was going full bore and he will handle the ball better.  Defense played well and so did everyone else.  Loved that reverse and Teddy's TD run.  Every game is important but of course a division win is a big plus.  good luck.