• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Football 2015

JBMasterAngler

Season opener is right around the corner! Unfortunately I don't have any anticipation of an upset over TCU, but it would be great hearing the experts talk about the gophers nonstop towards the end of the year (again) as to wether it gets TCU in the playoff or not. Gophers could realistically win every game after that, up to the Ohio State game. Lost a lot of talent last year, so it will be interesting to see how the replacements do. 9-3 is possible, but 8-4 is more realistic. Could very well be back in a new years' day bowl game. Probably the outback bowl. GOPHER NATION!!!

Let me know if you can't get it Bobby. You're welcome to come to Bugtussle to watch it on the big screen. All the beer or GT's you want and shish kabob made with our homegrown lamb for supper Thursday. Wife's gone so all I'd ask is that you bring one of them home rolled stogies for me to sample. Go Gophers! :D

The team is very good, the QB is terrible.  Not sure why Kill sticks with him.  He throws ducks, dead ducks.

Leidner makes Tebow look like an accurate QB. I know we recruited a couple of freshmen QBs. They will likely get redshirted though, and I don't hold out a ton of hope that Leidner will improve. Rodney Smith looked good out of the backfield though, I can see him having a great career here.

It's safe to assume college game day won't be making a stop in Minneapolis this year.

Who cares? That's something for Bison fans to hang their hat on.

Regarding the game, Leidner looked terrible. That was a game they certainly could have won, but underthrowing receivers and the fumble at the 3 yard line killed them. They did get screwed on two calls. The one "complete" pass where the ball hit the ground and the other on "forward" progress where he ended up fumbling. I like this defense. TCU is a good team, perhaps not worthy of a #2 ranking at this point, but they certainly have skill on offense.

I hate all the talk about "moral victories" that is the lamest thing in sports. In a game like this one where it was close and they certainly could have pulled it off it leaves a stronger distaste than one if they were blown out (no moral victory). This team will only be as good as Leidner can make them. They can win a bunch of games with him, but against the likes of OSU, they really wont have a chance.

Who cares?  "Who cares" is the single most important thing to the people in this state.  

If Missouri is "The Show Me State" then Minnesota is "The Please Look At Me We're Desperate For Attention State" 

Lolololol

Based on that, "who cares" applies most certainly to you. You never have an issue making sure your presence is seen and you wonder who is "desperate for attention"? LOL

Hosting College Game Day is certainly not must see TV unless you are a Bison fan when all they want to be is recognized as a D 1 program on a National Level.

The ball that hit the ground was eventually reviewed and overturned...the one that really hurt them was the tackle n fumble that the ref called forward progress for TCU.  It was a winnable game but for the mistakes we made they made just as many such as their Heisman candidate missing on 2 occasions wide open receivers in the end zone.  I just couldn't believe how bad a throw Leidner has!!!  After watching the game I am not sure he knows how to throw a spiral!!

Hosting College Game Day is certainly not must see TV unless you are a Bison fan when all they want to be is recognized as a D 1 program on a National Level.

They are a D1 program and they are recognized on a national level.

Four straight national championships will do that.  smiley95.gif

Carry on blaming the refs for losing to the #2 team in the country...

They are a D1 program and they are recognized on a national level.

Four straight national championships will do that.  smiley95.gif

Carry on blaming the refs for losing to the #2 team in the country...

Attention whore. They got screwed on a couple calls, but I never blamed the refs for losing the game. They lost it on their own with the mistakes they made. The calls didn't help, but calls by an official one way or another should never dictate the outcome of a game, just ask Green Bay. LOL

The "they" I was referring to in reference to Bison was the fans. Since its like their SuperBowl when College Game Day is in town. Not much to do there in Fargo apparently. The only other time they are in the National Spot light is when its time for the "100 year flood".

Even though TCU will probably not be anywhere close to #2 by the end of the season.

Possibly. They do have some skill on offense that is for sure though. Running game seems suspect, but it will be interesting to see how the season goes for them.

Yep you got me. I will be so broken down when the 4 letter network doesn't show up in Dinky town to do a show. The same network I skip over when browsing channels until last night because I wanted to take in the game. Yep, this hurts, and hurts really bad.

But you keep getting lathered up when they show up in Fargo, I will be envious.

#SARC

Who cares?  "Who cares" is the single most important thing to the people in this state.  

If Missouri is "The Show Me State" then Minnesota is "The Please Look At Me We're Desperate For Attention State" 

Lolololol

Heavy emphasis on the GO!  You've been talking about it for a while...just do it! 

complainer.jpg

Yep you got me. I will be so broken down when the 4 letter network doesn't show up in Dinky town to do a show. The same network I skip over when browsing channels until last night because I wanted to take in the game. Yep, this hurts, and hurts really bad.

But you keep getting lathered up when they show up in Fargo, I will be envious.

#SARC

Won't be showing up in Fargo this year, NDSU lost their first game of the season.

Still makes me laugh thinking about it.

Gophers couldn't match TCU's speed. Overall defense looked pretty good. Fumbling in the end zone sucked! Leidner...well, hopefully we'll never need to rely on his arm. I'm not a big fan of the whole moral victory rhetoric either, but this loss certainly won't negatively impact the gophers much. I could see them crack the top 25 before they begin conference play.

They've got to have a better option at qb than Leidner.  The guy just can not throw the ball.  Some may say he's got experience and can manage the team, but that proved false the other night when he was just oblivious to the play clock 3 times.  It's sad to watch because this could be a very good team with a solid quarterback. 

Gopher defense carries them to victory!!! When is the last time anyone has been able to say that? Except for that game tying drive at the end of the game, the defense was pretty good. Watching Leidner play QB yesterday literally gave me an ulcer! He SUCKS!!! He seriously has to have some sort of depth perception problem! He was throwing nice passes, but they weren't going anywhere near a receiver! They were lucky to get out of there with a win. Hopefully next week they can work out their kinks against Kent State. 

I am going to say this with a little grain of salt, but I honestly don't think Leidner has play too terribly bad. Yeah, he is bouncing around 50% completion percentage which isn't good, but his receivers haven't helped him much in either game. He doesn't have a lot of weapons, but I see some chemistry forming with May and Wolatarski.

There are probably dozens of QB's better than him, but the Gophers can win in spite of him.

It is what it is. The staff focused on Defense with their recruiting initially and that is really shining. The secondary on this team has to be one of the best in the country.

BTW TCU put up 70 this week... They didn't play near their best against the Gophers, but they certainly have skill even if they are playing a hyphenated team its impressive to put  up that many points.