• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for info

btupy

Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a puppy in the spring and love the looks of the golden retriever/yellow lab mix. I'm wondering if anyone has some experience with them or know anything about them?

And if theres any well known breeder around the twin cities area. I'm willing to travel a ways for the right one. I've been doing some research but haven't found any known breeders.

Thanks

Not any help with breeders, but my first lab was 3/4 lab and 1/4 golden.  He was a great dog, great hunter and just super mellow house dog.  He passed early because of cancer.  Good luck in your search.  I have since only had pure blood dogs, just always concerned getting the best health checked dog I can possibly get.  

I don't know of any reputable breeders who purposely cross breeds. Your best bet at finding a Lab/golden cross will be keeping an eye in the local classifieds section or online. 

Good thing is they ought to be next to free. 

my friend who works with rescues has a 5 month of female yellow lab/golden mix that was living in an apartment and it just didn't work anymore.   My friend is going to "foster" the dog for a while and be looking for a home for it in about a month.  If you want more info let me know.

I am looking for a lab too.  I have always had two and just had to put one down.  I need a buddy for my older one.  Looking for a companion that likes to jump in the boat or go for walks.  I don't duck hunt like I used to so just looking for a buddy.  

I am looking for a lab too.  I have always had two and just had to put one down.  I need a buddy for my older one.  Looking for a companion that likes to jump in the boat or go for walks.  I don't duck hunt like I used to so just looking for a buddy.  

I would bet that just about every animal shelter has a lab/lab mix or three that they'd like to adopt out.

I checked them out Fishin Freak.  Nice looking pups but too rich for my blood.  The wife wouldn't let me spend that much.  They don't need to be a great hunter for us, just a friendly buddy that likes to go for walks and boat rides here on the river.  I have been looking at animal shelters too.  Good idea Blackjack.   Thanks to both of you for the ideas.