• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Season 2015

reinhard1

There are other teams that need a kicker too. Pittsburgh has like $10M tied up in kickers for this year alone. The Saints are another team. Its not easy to find one right now especially with other teams also in need.

Walsh will get it figured out. It sucks he is in a funk right now, but that miss shouldn't have cost us the game though. It was early. He also made one to tie it so that was important.

I think the Vikings brass are just hoping Walsh makes it through this year without many other issues.  Once he gets into a dome for 9 or 10 games a year (8 home and 1 in Detroit) he should be really good under a controlled environment.  His kickoffs are still really good and deep - he just needs to figure out the shorter field goals.

There are other teams that need a kicker too. Pittsburgh has like $10M tied up in kickers for this year alone. The Saints are another team. Its not easy to find one right now especially with other teams also in need.

Walsh will get it figured out. It sucks he is in a funk right now, but that miss shouldn't have cost us the game though. It was early. He also made one to tie it so that was important.

just being a butt here, that is like saying the twins first two weeks of the season didn't make a difference in their season.

I don't care if it is the first minute of the game or the last minute, it all matters the same.

kickers are going miss occasionally, but for pete's sake, he is 66% in regular season, we don't try 40+ yd field goals right know, and he hasn't shown signs of improvement since his slump started late last season.   Between his misses and the lack of trust In him from the staff, he is changing how we run our offense, he is/will cost us more games than he will win, if he Continues his struggles.

Now Walsh certainly isn't the sole reason, but he needs to improve greatly for the Vikings to be successful.

just being a butt here, that is like saying the twins first two weeks of the season didn't make a difference in their season.

I don't care if it is the first minute of the game or the last minute, it all matters the same.

kickers are going miss occasionally, but for pete's sake, he is 66% in regular season, we don't try 40+ yd field goals right know, and he hasn't shown signs of improvement since his slump started late last season.   Between his misses and the lack of trust In him from the staff, he is changing how we run our offense, he is/will cost us more games than he will win, if he Continues his struggles.

Now Walsh certainly isn't the sole reason, but he needs to improve greatly for the Vikings to be successful.

Listen, I wasn't sticking up for him at all. Clearly he has issues. I was merely pointing out that going after a kicker right now is futile at best since the Vikings are certainly not the only one looking for one.

Did Green Bay give up on Crosby when he was in a funk a couple years back? Nope.

Next year when more than half of the games will be played indoors he will be lights out. LOL

See I am not calling for his job either, new contract, big leg, he not going anywhere.  He has to get I figured out, even if it takes a pseudo competition.

Problem is his issues, IMHO, is between the ears not physical.  Those problems can be hard to fix.

Problem is his issues, IMHO, is between the ears not physical.  Those problems can be hard to fix.

It usually is. Just like a goalie in hockey, it is what's between the ears that rules their game so much. Kickers are even worse in that respect because much of the game they are sitting on the sideline then get put into a spot to make a play. No excuse, pull up the big boy pants and get it done.

It's easy to look back and say..."we lost by 3 so that missed FG is the reason and Walsh should be sent packing." The reality is that limited pressure on a geriatric QB against a mediocre Denver OL was a bigger problem than Walsh. Teddy getting massacred by HORRENDOUS OL play was a bigger issue still. We lost that game for a few reasons. I put "missed FG" at #3 or #4 on that list.

The VIkings will get there but I for one is hoping for a Division win this year but Green Bay is looking very good.  The Vikings are improving and that can't be denied.   The defense is very good right now but the offense needs help for sure.  I don't think there is one team in the NFL who would say that they are happy in every position.  good luck.

glad to see them at 5-2, but they are going to get a big dose of reality with the remaining schedule. I believe they have the strongest schedule of any team for the last 9 games. I don't see them winning more than 2-3 more games the rest of the year. As a Vikes fan I hope they prove me wrong.

Edited by rundrave
spelling

They do have the toughest schedule yes but they have proven a lot of folks wrong so far.  One game behind the cheeseheads so far.and Detroit and the Bears have no chance.  What I can see is that the Vikings are a better team this year and they know they have to improve going forward.  good luck.

They do have the toughest schedule yes but they have proven a lot of folks wrong so far.  One game behind the cheeseheads so far.and Detroit and the Bears have no chance.  What I can see is that the Vikings are a better team this year and they know they have to improve going forward.  good luck.

They haven't proven anything so far? I dont dispute them being slightly better this year but the vikes have a skeptical at best O-line. The defense has played ok but look at the teams they beat:

Lions 1-7
Chargers 2-6
Chiefs 3-5
Bears 2-5

A combined 8-23, that only tells me they beat teams they should beat. But they also lost, to a very bad 49ers team that is 2-6.

Chalk up a "moral victory" against a undefeated Broncos team and IMHO the Vikes still haven't proven anything.

Sorry for being a realist, like I said I hope they prove me wrong. But I don't see it happening.

I guess I meant that they were not supposed to win after a bye week and have done terrible playing at Chicago.  Two things they were always bad at.  So in that respect they proved those folks wrong this time around.  I see the Vikings getting better not worse.  They do have their hands full in the coming weeks and they did have a better game against the Bronco's than the cheeseheads did.  Bronco's have the best defense  in the NFL in my opinion.   I'm pretty much of  a realist also, but in general, they have improved a lot.  Can't wait till they play the cheeseheads.  good luck.

We can take a lot from the Broncos/Packers game when we play the Pack. Pressure Rodgers and he gets rattled. We did a pretty dang good job of getting to Manning and I think we can do it against the Pack too. That recipe could mean a good outcome for the purple. Need to shore up some otherwise inconsistent play on offense though. Teddy needs to be better overall.

Glad to see Walsh coming back to form. Everybody was ready to send him packing, but I figured he would get out of it. Long season left yet so hopefully he keeps it up.

They haven't proven anything so far? I dont dispute them being slightly better this year but the vikes have a skeptical at best O-line. The defense has played ok but look at the teams they beat:

Lions 1-7
Chargers 2-6
Chiefs 3-5
Bears 2-5

A combined 8-23, that only tells me they beat teams they should beat. But they also lost, to a very bad 49ers team that is 2-6.

Chalk up a "moral victory" against a undefeated Broncos team and IMHO the Vikes still haven't proven anything.

Sorry for being a realist, like I said I hope they prove me wrong. But I don't see it happening.

Who has anyone played? last I looked there are 11 teams with winning records right now. One can point to a very close Denver loss to a team that blew out the Packers last night.  O line is slowly improving and will get better with returning players from injury. D is number 2 in scoring defense and number 7 overall, that is an improvement better then just "slightly"  not saying  they will defeat the Packers for the division but are a very strong contender for a wild card spot and who knows what happens once you are in...

Rundrave nailed it.

Keep guzzling that purple kool-aid.  It'll make for some neat designs in the snow when it all comes back up later in the year when you're celebrating another mediocre season. After all, in this state mediocrity is essentially a championship, right?

Who mentioned super bowl?

Big Dave is mentioning the Vikings and the super bowl in the same sentence.  I think someone is buying that hope Lmit is selling!:P

The Super Bowl is no longer the goal? That would explain the last 54 years.