• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Season 2015

reinhard1

Well, it's a victory this time and a division win.  The Vikings looked great all around.  Loved the reverse play and Teddy's TD run.  AP had a great day, fumbled a few times but he will cure that quick.  Congrats to the Vikings.  good luck.

That play that Teddy flipped the ball to Peterson for 49 yards pretty much summed up typical Peterson. He whiffed on a block on a blitzer, but thankfully was standing in good position and Teddy got him the ball and it was off to the races.

I have to think if Peterson just approached the line at half speed once in a while he would get more yardage. He is so explosive, but he gets there so quick the holes do not even have a chance to develop.

Overall decent game. Stafford was sleeping in ice I am sure. He was getting beat up.

Have to wonder what will happen when the Vikings play a halfway competent team.  Did anyone happen to see what Pitt did to SF (the team the Vikings lost to) yesterday?  Ouch.  

Peterson looked slooooow and it's only the second week into the season.  Father Time has caught up with him it appears and the "pop" is gone. That busted play referenced earlier was painful to watch as he struggled down the field....those legs looked awfully stiff.

In the end it was really just an extension of the MNF game where it looked like the Keystone Cops attempting to play organized football.  In just two games we've witnessed what may be the three worst teams in the entire league. 

Thought they looked decent, but Detroit looked terrible so hard to tell how good they really played. 

Nice to see Adrian get back on track but wow did he look slow when getting out on the edge. he still has the power though, and I think as we play some better teams those  shotgun runs will continue to be ineffective. He needs to line up 7 yards deep and attack the hole he doesnt have the quickness or patience to be running out of the gun. 

Tough matchup next next weekend as the chargers are going to put our linebackers to the test with their short quick throws over the middle. 

It's probably already been said, but AP is SO locked into his route he's got a seriously painful case of tunnel vision.  It's just weird.  He runs square into his own player's backs when he's got open field both to the left and right of the "route".  I don't understand why he does this over and over again?

I'm not so sure it has that much to do with his speed.  Based off of the public interviews we've watched of him over the last couple of years I gotta wonder if he's just flat out THAT DUMB!?!?  I'm always leaning toward an optimistic view of the future for him and the Vikes, but geez, he just keeps running into his own players when he's got room to run just one step to either side.

If I could offer any advice to AP it wouldn't be to move faster, it would be to slow down, relax, and let the route develop a little more, or at least be prepared to change course a little bit.  With his power, and explosive speed, if he could just use a little more strategic running ability he could be unstoppable (but after a couple of years of seeing this same run style repeat itself I gotta really wonder if he's got anything else in him?).

The Vikes looked reasonably good in Sunday's game.  But what the heck is up with our field goal kicker?  He's missed more chip shots so far this year then he's made.  Not sure that performance is really worthy of an NFL contract???

Edited by CANOPY SAM
added a few other observations

Vikes looked much better this go around! I was at the game and the place was rocking - fun to be a part of. Glad to see the running game get going. I thought the D-Line did very well against the rush but was hoping to see a few more sacks - how about that INT by Trattou! Calvin is going to get his each game and most of his catches were caught underneath so I'll take that each day - same with the 83 yards. The TD he scored was tightly contested and it was just one of the best WR's in the game making a great play on the sideline of the endzone. Interested to see how the D performs this week against the pass happy Chargers.

Have to wonder what will happen when the Vikings play a halfway competent team.  Did anyone happen to see what Pitt did to SF (the team the Vikings lost to) yesterday?  Ouch.  

Did anyone see what Arizona did to SF yesterday?

The Vikings played horrible against SF and the Viking fans here said as much.  I really don't care what other teams do, that's for the Fantasy folks.  The Vikings are playing well now [especially the defense] and ;we play undefeated Denver this Sunday at Denver.  good luck.

I agree with reinhard. The team that played the first week isn't the same team that played the last two. I don't know what happened to them in week one but the defense is way different and better than week one. They are going after the run hard. I know the O line of SD was beat up but they still did great against them. I think they have a good chance against Denver on Sunday. 

I agree with reinhard. The team that played the first week isn't the same team that played the last two. I don't know what happened to them in week one but the defense is way different and better than week one. They are going after the run hard. I know the O line of SD was beat up but they still did great against them. I think they have a good chance against Denver on Sunday. 

Watched a good portion of last nights game in Detroit, Manning somehow is getting it done, but he had all he could do to heave it 40 yards to a wide open receiver and he still came up short! Thomas made that play!   Great quarterback, but his best days are behind him. If the Vikes can get some pressure on him, we should win this one!

I am a huge MN Homer but the Den Def is what I am concerned about... THey are the type of blitzing Def that will give our O line and Subsequently TB a tough time... we need to establish the run to keep them honest or it could be a long game in Denver... He may be on the downside of his career but I think the reports of PM demise have yet to be confirmed... too good for too long with too many weapons to be counting manning as over the hill... That said I will be rooting them on to pull of the upset.

Edited by dfv87

I am a huge MN Homer but the Den Def is what I am concerned about... THey are the type of blitzing Def that will give our O line and Subsequently TB a tough time... we need to establish the run to keep them honest or it could be a long game in Denver... He may be on the downside of his career but I think the reports of PM demise have yet to be confirmed... too good for too long with too many weapons to be counting manning as over the hill... That said I will be rooting them on to pull of the upset.

Denver's Defense is very legit. The make opposing teams turn the ball over a lot and fly around to ball. We'll need a solid run game to set the pace for our offense, if that doesn't happen, it could be a long day for me and my GF wearing Purple in a sea of Orange!

Denver won the game but I think the Vikings put up a great battle.  Denver's defense was the key plan.  This game shows me that the Vikings have improved and are going to be a factor in our division and I think will still be on top of our division.  It was great to see Diggs in the game.  Patterson still sucks and I don't see why they keep him.  Maybe putting Diggs in there shows them that Patterson needs to be cut or traded.  good luck.

It was a nice comback

Diggs looks like the real deal every time he touches the field. Better learn to protect the ball though.

Bridgewater needs a rhythm passing game it seems, I am not sure that will jive with Peterson all that well.  I hope I am wrong.

Walsh is going to be the difference between a playoff season or being done in 16.

Nice showing, but all that matters in the end is it was a loss.

Edited by ANYFISH2

Vikings are a different team since that terrible showing against SF.  In the past they would have folded in a game like Denver but they fought back all the way.   Every time I see Walsh try for a extra point or field goal I cringe.  I think they should shop around for a kicker, or maybe there are no kickers out there available?.  good luck.