• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Season 2015

reinhard1

Thought I would start a Viking 2015 season thread which starts this Sunday.  Vikings play the Steelers this Sunday in the first pre-season game.  Starters are probably not going to play but I'll be watching anyway.  This will be a good year for the VIkings.    good luck.

Ya, Waynes needs more work but I thing Zimmer will address it.  Surprised Bridgewater and the starters played at all.  Asiata looked like he hasn't missed a step from last year.  The QB Kafka didn't look bad at all.  Defense play'd well and Stefon Diggs looks for real.  good luck.

This is pretty funny but just about spot-on.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-minnesota-vikings-1723087595

I have to post the link and not the story because there is some foul language.

From the article:

As always, this is what Minnesotans deserve. It is the Soccer Mom state. Minnesota is one giant Toyota Sequoia with happy stick figures on the back windshield, cutting you off at every highway merge. People there only vote Democrat to appear sensitive and open-minded, despite having hearts blacker than Scrooge himself. If you are from Iowa, you are treated like an undocumented immigrant if you walk into Minnesota. This state in a frozen, undead wasteland, and yet people there regard the rest of the world with complete and utter disdain. It’s never made sense to me, and it never will. It is a hateful place, full of Stepford wives and mute husbands. You’ll find more personality in a crate of pickled fish.

bravo.thumb.gif.03af56dff821f202aa29f9c5

One thing I think for sure is that they will improve and by the time the new stadium opens next season, they will be a very good team.  Why?  The coaching staff for the most part.  Draft picks have been good also.  Packers will be the one's to beat for the division.  Loosing their star receiver didn't help them.  Good luck.

I am still uncertain what I think about this team. I think in the long run, the Vikings will be an 8-8 team this year, maybe pull off a 9-7.

Last year: new coaches, new scheme, lots of rookies in key positions, new QB, AP out and the media circus that followed, and we went 7-9. I think I'd be disappointed with less than 10-6 this year. I know as Viking's fans we are never surprised by our ability to implode, but we are trending the right way for the first time in a long time. This big glass of purple Kool-Aid I just drank is making me say 11-5 this year. Skol, Vikes!

It's the vikings, the fumbling, bumbling vikings.  Can grasp defeat from the jaws of victory with the best of them.

8-8.  Much tougher schedule (allegedly)  When was the last time they beat a team with a winning record?

I will go with the 10-6.  It is going to be a fun year to watch the Vikes.  I took the day after the San Fran game off work.  That game doesn't start until 9:20 central time.  It might not get over till close to 1:00 am.  That is late for me.....  Well I can at least fish after work till dark and watch the whole game.  Perfect!!!  

Vikings continue to look good in beating Dallas. Bridgewater is still consistant and the defense is looking good as well.  Paterson made that long TD run but that's about all he has done in the last two years.  I really wonder if he will make the team with all the good receivers we have.  Just running back kick-offs isn't enough to make this team with the talent we have.  Zimmer wanted him to go to a special trainer over winter and he never went so I still wonder If Zimmer will keep him.  good luck.

Ya I wonder about him to R1.  Too bad too.  He seemed so good and versatile the first year and now he just seems to be joking around and not taking things serious.  Well I hope he gets it together and soon.  Nice to see him get that TD on the kickoff.  Maybe that will boost his confidence or something.  By the way I have some thick pork steaks on the smoker from a hog we had butchered.  Thursday night is our last preseason game.  Should be another fun game.