• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great Weekend for BASEBALL

Bobby Bass

Yanks in Town

Yanks in Town

What a great weekend for baseball! Who would have thought a few months ago when there was snow on the ground that the Twins would be 7 games over .500 and in the hunt. The Yanks are in town for four games and perfect weather for baseball is on tap. I mean the real summer weather of hot days and warm evenings. For those who have tickets it should be a set of great games for outdoor baseball. The rest of us will have to listen to the games on radios drifting in boats or maybe under a ceiling fan watching the game on TV. BBQ’s will have hot-dogs or burgers or maybe some ribs or steaks cooking and guys will sit around sipping on cold beer and taking in the smoke off the grill. Some guys may be mowing lawns wearing headphones while others may be sitting in a hot car while the wife grocery shops. Kids running through sprinklers and grandpa’s cursing every time a Yank gets a hit. Just thought I might give you a hint what I will be doing this weekend.

10-1 Twins win last night, every time I walked out of earshot of the radio the Twins hit a Homer! I did make a mistake, the first one this month that I will admit to as I said a four games series and it is actually is only three games. Would be nice to take all three, we certainly owe the Yanks more then a few beat downs. Was a nice night for baseball, a few showers that just missed my place and the skeeters must have found some tourist to feast on, hardly any out on my deck. Looking forward to more of the same tonight!

It sure would be nice to have the Yankees number for once, in like decades!  However we.will see, we seem to be struggling to consistently score runs. I will be watching and enjoying that's for sure.  

It sure is nice to still be relevant at the end of July.

New manager. Same yankee curse! When we were up 5-0 and failed to score with runners in scoring position 2 innings in a row, I started to get a bad feeling about the outcome of the game. I hate the yankees! And to add insult to injury, a-roid hit 3 home runs!

Jinx, as soon as the announcers starting talking a Yankee sweep I knew we were in trouble. But still another great night for baseball!   Afternoon game today and a win will make it a nice day for a lot of people trying to beat the heat by staying in the shade with the story being told to their wife's that they HAVE to listen to the game and can't be doing no work today!

Still it was a great weekend for baseball ! would have been o so much sweeter if the Twins had taken two and three would have made people talking about the summer we swept the Yanks!  Just good to hear some positive comments about summer and baseball..

Edited by Bobby Bass

Got to agree BB. They played the Yankees tough, with a break or 2 they could have won that series.They are a starting to play some good baseball again, if Molitor can just keep making the right moves with the pitching,they may be able to hang in there. Both the starters & the bullpen are struggling now. The young guys( Sano. Rosario, Buxton/Hicks even Duffy)) have been giving them a lift lately.