• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger ? -- bent blade

Question

OK guys... my auger took a beating fishing the backwaters of the Miss this weekend.

The shaft is OK... but a couple blades up towards the top got a little bent. The cutting blades are fine.
Is she still useable? I figure the only benefit the blades further up offer is better cleaning and movement of the ice up and out of the hole.

Thoughts?

------------------
-FNC

"If I had a job... I'd quit it."

2 answers to this question

I bend mine up pretty bad. that was 3 years ago. I don't even notice the difference. I did staighten it with a large channel lock pliers as best as possible. Don't worry about a thing. OH yeah...when drilling two holes close together so as to connect then, be careful to keep the auger straight wink.gif That was my mistake. I am glad nobody was there to see my hands slip off the handles and see me get slammed in the gut smile.gif