• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Graph in front

jvm1

I recently acquired a new graph that I mounted in the front of the boat, I used the transducer attachment for the trolling motor from humminbird. 

I'm finding the cable a pain in the butt when deploying the trolling motor, same when putting it back. Has anybody had this problem and come up with a nice solution? Otherwise I think the transducer is going to get mounted in the back. 

Why would you want to view the sonar at the stern, 15+ feet away from where you're fishing at the bow? It's not that difficult to deploy and stow, you just have to learn to be careful with the transducer cable. Man up.;)

I have to agree, besides I rarely fish from the bow of our boat but the other person in the boat with me usually does. So the transducer is staying on the TM besides the unit on the console has the transducer mounted on the transom, no need for 2 back there.

I agree, there are far more benefits to having the transducer mounted to the trolling motor and attached to a unit up front than there are negatives. Not only are you reading real time depth from where you are fishing, but your GPS and sonar are "in tune" with one another. Say you go over a spot that you want to mark and you are in the front, with the transducer marked in the back, you are already 15 plus feet past it. So you mark a waypoint on the bow GPS and its going to be significantly off.

Zip tie the cable to the shaft where you can to and deal with it. When its time to upgrade trolling motors make sure to get one with a transducer built in.

nice video there, I was just looking to see what others had done. Seems to get the cable out of the way nicely. 

Thanks guys!

Edited by jvm1
Link didn't paste right