Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jvm1

Graph in front

I recently acquired a new graph that I mounted in the front of the boat, I used the transducer attachment for the trolling motor from humminbird. 

I'm finding the cable a pain in the butt when deploying the trolling motor, same when putting it back. Has anybody had this problem and come up with a nice solution? Otherwise I think the transducer is going to get mounted in the back. 

I feel your pain I had the same problem. I too put it in the back. My wife pinched the cable and ruined mine.  Personally I would leave it in the back.

Same here,working with it for now.Trying to figure something out & will eventually. Might take a while, with only 2 in the boat most of the time, we can deal with it for now. 

Why would you want to view the sonar at the stern, 15+ feet away from where you're fishing at the bow? It's not that difficult to deploy and stow, you just have to learn to be careful with the transducer cable. Man up.;)

I have to agree, besides I rarely fish from the bow of our boat but the other person in the boat with me usually does. So the transducer is staying on the TM besides the unit on the console has the transducer mounted on the transom, no need for 2 back there.

I agree, there are far more benefits to having the transducer mounted to the trolling motor and attached to a unit up front than there are negatives. Not only are you reading real time depth from where you are fishing, but your GPS and sonar are "in tune" with one another. Say you go over a spot that you want to mark and you are in the front, with the transducer marked in the back, you are already 15 plus feet past it. So you mark a waypoint on the bow GPS and its going to be significantly off.

Zip tie the cable to the shaft where you can to and deal with it. When its time to upgrade trolling motors make sure to get one with a transducer built in.

nice video there, I was just looking to see what others had done. Seems to get the cable out of the way nicely. 

Thanks guys!

Edited by jvm1
Link didn't paste right