• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hole cover install

FishinFools

I didn't spray the part that gets screwed down, it's tight and not much space there but it wouldn't hurt. I would defiantly do the covers though, they condensate and frost up  very badly. I wouldn't silicone just in case you ever need to change them out or break one. 

I just did my build last fall, and this was a topic for a few days while thinking about the floor.  the end result was no silicone or sprayfoam insulation in there for the fact that if one does break forwhatever reason, taking out the screws and putting in a new one is MUCH easier than dealing with all that adhesive.

I have another question that is similar.  I am in the process of finishing off a Yetti shell and did a sandwich floor with 3/4" plywood on bottom, 3/4" foam-board insulation, and another layer of 3/4" plywood on top.  I have already cut all the holes and the are like 1/4" bigger than the size of the catch cover. The "flange" that goes into the hole is only about 2" deep on the catch covers.  My question is, do you fill the void between the inside of the hole and the outside of the flange of the catch cover to prevent water/ice/slime from getting into your floor?  I'm just worried that water could collect inside the sandwiched floor and create some mold issues.