Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hookmaster

Toilet won't flush

Yesterday one of the toilets in the upstairs of my house started not to flush. It's not acting like when my son clogs it up with a healthy one. What I mean is the bowl doesn't fill up with water and just sit there. The water level in the bowl doesn't change very much and the water in the tank drains very slowly with some bubbles coming out of the hole that the flapper covers up. I tried flushing by dumping water in the bowl and it seemed to flush OK. I've never seen this before. Any ideas? Vent clogged? The toilet in the basement that is on the same vent (I believe) flushes OK but that is 2 stories down from the toilet in question.

something obstructing the opening from the tank to the bowl?  might need to have a chat with the youngster about putting things where they belong, or don't

So the flapper opens all the way, and it doesn't flush but if you pour water from a bucket in to the bowl it does? 

Sounds like a bad flapper thing to me.  What happens if you take the top off the tank and reach in and open the flapper all the way? 

Could something in the tank have gotten sucked into the opening?  one of those toilet cleaner things for example? 

Edited by delcecchi

Sounds like scale build up in the holes around the rim or as mentioned something stuck there.
  They do make cleaning products for the scale but I'd just replace it.

Do you use toilet "tablets" for keeping them clean?  I have seen them get sucked down the flapper hole and plug them up.

I used to use the toilet tablets but haven't for a few years. The performance changed overnight, so I am betting a piece of the flapper fell off and went down the hole. I am going to look at it tonight or tomorrow morning.

I finally got to the toilet last weekend. No gurgling from the bathroom sink or bathtub when flushing so I didn't think the vent pipe was clogged. The holes under the rim of the bowl were wide open. I took off the water tank and looked in there. There was some cellophane plastic in the hole that leads to the rim of the bowl. Scratch the head on that one. I removed the plastic, put the water tank back on and it flushes like a champ. The plastic came off the label on the 2-liter bottle I put in the tank to take up space to reduce the amount of water per flush. This toilet is from the '60s so it has about a 5 gallon water tank.

Did you give the kid the what for after I suggested that's where the fault was?   If so time to take the kid for some ice cream.