• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fear the Walking Dead

LMITOUT

Pretty good 1st episode. Was slow, but what I expected. Did a good job introducing the story. Looks like we're just seeing WHEN it started, not HOW it started, but I was also expecting that. I kept my eye out for 2015 products that were mysteriously available in 2010, but to my surprise, I didn't notice anything. Job well done producers ;)

Very good 2nd episode. I think their depiction of how a city like L.A. (or any big city) would react at the beginning of such a crisis is pretty spot on, protesting, rioting, government cover ups, etc. Honestly, I think these first 2 episodes are better than the first 2 walking dead episodes. It will be interesting to see where they take this, and if it goes to a 2nd season. So far I don't see any action superstars in this series, such as a Rick, Darryl, or Shane. So maybe this series will focus more on the drama as opposed to the action. If anyone has seen the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, "maggie", knows that a zombie drama can work! Anyway, good show so far!

Honestly, I think these first 2 episodes are better than the first 2 walking dead episodes. 

Preposterous statement of the year.

So far I'm completely underwhelmed with the series. I get that there will be a slow build up to anything of substance just by the nature of the plot, but I'm struggling to keep interest at this point. Maybe it's the actors or the characters but it just isn't clicking for me at all.  The drama is weak, the action is almost nonexistent, and there is little anticipation for the next episode like the TWD does week after week after week. 

At this point it has nothing on TWD and what that show brought to the table right out of the gate.

After two episodes I give it a rating of "meh". 

I didn't expect it to be like TWD, and I'm glad it's not. I'd like to see them add a point of view from the police or military, or even government officials. That could make for some good stuff. I'm guessing there are only 6 episodes total, and it looks like the action will pick up a little bit next week. But regardless, I'm hooked on this show!

IDK, I agree with JB on this one. The first couple episodes of TWD really did nothing for me either. I think the first two of FTWD is at least on par or above that, now where they go from here is the real test.

I will agree with LMT though the acting is on the verge of pathetic in this one. I am having a hard time getting into these characters and the mom with her stupid one-just-like-silly-me stare that she has about 10 times an episode is laughable.

Awesome episode! Everything that happened is why being in a big city when an apocalypse happens (zombies or not) is not a good thing. One thing that keeps bothering me though, the druggie kid is STILL wearing that old guy's clothes! Yeah, he's a little preoccupied with zombies and withdrawal, but I think I'd still be able to find some time to run upstairs and change into some clothes.

LOL I was saying the same thing to my wife. "What hasn't that kid showered, combed his hair and changed clothes?"

I'm liking the barber Daniel Salazar so far, but I'm afraid his wife is toast with that crushed foot. It should be interesting to see what goes on with the Nation Guard guys and if the families take off to the desert or if they get trapped in the city.

Nothing awesome about the last episode either.  Same drawn out story line from ep1.  At this point the only surprises the show provides are what moronic decisions will the characters make next. 

I honestly can't believe this series is coming from the same group that brought us TWD. 

I'm starting to understand why the season is only six episodes.  Either the characters are all dead by then because they are idiots, or, the producers knew they could make a boatload of money based on hype alone (but that would only last so many episodes) so they decided to cut their losses early and cash out at six. 

aicd1.jpg

CLEAR!!!

The first season of TWD was only 6 episodes also.

Kinda' looks like the national guard is going to hold that neighborhood captive against their will, and feed them a bunch of government hogwash to keep them calm. 

Huge difference between when TWD came onto the scene and this dumpster fire.

Yay! Two episodes of our cast of betas arguing with the NG and then trying to escape their quarantine. I hope my DVR is set...

Hmmm, went from a full blown riot to day 9 in a national guard "safe zone". Was kinda' hoping they would put more in-between. For a city of several million, that are all supposedly dead already, there sure aren't very many walkers out and about. With all that being said, the show is still good!

Yes JB... I did not like the time jump. Should have gave us some idea of the scale of the infection in the city and how they fortified the fences to create the "safe" zone... hate the time jumps for the most part but this one especially.

Moving ahead 9 days was the best thing that could have happened to the stale, single story line we've been dealing with to this point.  (In fact, this episode should really have been episode #2 with the previous three condensed into ep #1.)  We didn't need to see fence building and the predictable "conflict" between the citizens and the NG as they establish who's in charge now.  Been there, done that.  

I was pleased with what happened on Sunday and some intrigue was finally introduced to chew on until next week. 

I thought the barber torturing the soldier was a little much, but oh well. I still find it hard to believe that the L.A. area, which is 10 million plus people, is empty of both living and dead people walking around. Filling up the great western forum with walkers was a nice touch. In TWD we always seen abandoned military posts, vehicles, dead soldiers. Fear is starting to show how it's happening...soldiers quitting their duties, turning on citizens, etc. All things that I totally think would happen. Might also be an explanation as to how towns like woodbury could pop up.

Edited by JBMasterAngler

Soldier taking a tail rotor to the skull is from the same movie.  Nice touch. TTD was a nice addition to the finale. Liked their question.  Who will be the Rick of the group? Better yet, who will be the Governor? Great final episode. Looking forward to season 2.