Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
RebelSS

Sweet Heat

Just picked up a couple cans of Bush's new "Sweet Heat" beans to go with the smoked ribs tomorrow. Man, they're great!! Just the right bite to 'em, and sweet....anyone else tried these?  t2801.gif

I tried them a few days ago and thought they were tasty, but I think homemade are better if you have the time IMO.  I did try the suggestion on the can of mixing it with rice (because I really like red beans and rice) and it makes for a very solid side dish if you're in a hurry.

Just picked up a couple cans of Bush's new "Sweet Heat" beans to go with the smoked ribs tomorrow. Man, they're great!! Just the right bite to 'em, and sweet....anyone else tried these?  t2801.gif

​I will look for that flavor next time out.  Sounds like my thing.

I've since mixed them with a can of  their Country Style....if you want to cut back on the heat a bit.

I tried them a few days ago and thought they were tasty, but I think homemade are better if you have the time IMO.  I did try the suggestion on the can of mixing it with rice (because I really like red beans and rice) and it makes for a very solid side dish if you're in a hurry.

Homemade is always better.  smile.gif   Just something different and quick.

I just picked up a couple cans last night, I'll see what it's all about.  Thanks for the heads up.

I was in TX over the 4th where those boys KNOW how to BBQ. If I had a smoker I would try what they did for their beans. They were absolutely AMAZING!

I don't have the exact ingredients, but basically they used any consumer available beans, but they added vegies that they smoked on the pit for several hours. Put them in a blender and pureed them. Then put them in the beans. OFF THE HOOK!

I need a smoker so bad.

Here is a bean recipe I have from the Smoking Meat Forums.....

WICKED BAKED BEANS
(Beans that will even make Chili Heads happy)

6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
1 - 2 Jalapeno Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
1 - 55 ounce can Bushs Baked Beans
1-8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard

Saute bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno  pepper until tender.

In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)

Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160° ) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.

NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.

DISCLAIMER

With the Jalapeno±o pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.

To make this recipe Family Friendly, omit the Jalapeno±o pepper and the dry mustard.

DISCLAIMER

With the Jalapeno±o pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.

Some of us "elderly" like to omit the pineapple, the sissy sauce (ketchup) , use BBQ sauce instead, and put in a 1/2 tsp. of smoked Chipotle powder. Gets us all revved up and puts us on our toes. 

super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just yankin' yer skillet. :D   Merrifield, huh? Spent some time up there at a friend's cabin some years back. 

Actually Made the Wicked Beans this weekend, very good nice and sweet...could actually have added more heat.

IMG_2046.JPG

I've made the wicked beans myself.  I doubled the recipe and used the peppers as stated with the seeds removed and there was some heat but not enough affect the flavor.  Of course heat to some can have different degrees of how much you can handle so some may not put the pepper s in or maybe start off with one in a single batch.  Good stuff.  Of course you can doctor it up while doing a taste test during the process.  Reinhard

Thanks Reinhard, yeah I have a ton of Chiltipin peppers (read lbs) I think I may had a handful of those....although they are super hot.