• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sept. !st

So who's hunting sept. first? its a tuesday. Or are you waiting to hunt he weekend? which would put your baiting efforts at 3 weeks. Im thinking on waiting a week to put out my daughters bait in area 41. it would actually be 22 days to the friday after opener, i dont like baiting that long before the opener. thinking on waiting a week for qouta and hunting opener in non qouta. whats are youz guyzes planz??

We will probably do the same, get the sites ready  and hang our signs, but not dump any bait right away. As far as hunting, if I would have been drawn this year, I would be in the stand Tuesday morning for sure. Get in a few days of hunting before all the weekenders start filling up the woods, and the wheelers are tearing down every trail!! Labor Day weekend always seems to slow our baits down for a few days. If you don't mind me asking, and I don't need specific area, what part of 41 do you hunt? That's the same area we hunt.

Ho ho ho hooooooo, a player in my garden of eden now is ther? I got some private land over. no offense but i keep pretty, tight lipped. I know its not that biga deal, its just how I run things,, even on private land. sorry.

Oh no problem at all, I completely understand. 41 is a pretty small area in the grand scheme of things. A good friend of mine has a cabin in that area and his family has been bear hunting for 20+ years. When they were issuing 450 tags and letting guys shoot two bears a few years back, it was getting pretty crowded in the woods. Im happy that they have reduced it to 150, hopefully they will keep it that way! Im sure there will be plenty more conversation before the season begins, but good luck to your daughter!

maybe we'll hook up and have a snapfizzer, and exhange notes. i drive a 09 red chevy 3/4 ton. flag me down if ya seen one. fridays or sat miday. i feel better getting to know a guy over beer or a bobber, before i divulge my ever elusive worldly secretes. lol

For sure, anytime. I have been known to drink a beer or two, every now and then. Once August hits, we are up every Tuesday night (bait on Wednesdays) and every weekend. This year, we have a couple of weddings in August, which is poor planning if you ask me!! 

We are hunting opener.....just a thing we have to get the first crack at them.  Many times the second week can be better, but its just how we roll!

Bringing up a bear virgin this year, so it should be a blast.

DL

Sorry scoot my man, but it was a moment of weekness, plus i figured itd be easier to remeber, cause if i ever forget Oct. will have a black cloud over it for ever