• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Evinrude Motor

crappie_fisher

Question

I am buying a boat for this summer and it has a 10 HP Evinrude motor on it. I would like to know what year the motor is from but when I look for it on NADA I cannot find the model number. The model number of the motor is SE10RPL0. Does anyone know when the motor was made or know where I can look for it at on the internet.

5 answers to this question

I don't know for sure which year, but I think it's prior 1980, since that year OMC started using the word INTRODUCES as template for serial numer year.

You take 2 letters before last, and count years with word above.

Example, motor serial last 3 letters is CEA,
you take the EC and count from 1981 with INTRODUCES, which returns 89 ( C=8 and E=9 )

Since your serial # doesn match any, it will be prior 1980

I found a Johnson 9 1/2 horse at my local town dump (it's amazing what people will throw away) and I went to a local OMC dealer/repair shop for parts. The lady there took the model and serial number and looked it up in a book. It wound up being a 1964. They still have most of the parts for it! I got it running great but I have to replace the water pump. Try calling any OMC dealer and they should be able to tell you.
Good Luck...

Wishin2BFishin

I called Evinrude today and here is what they said about my new boat motor.

Motor is a 1992 and it is a commercial model which he said means it has a heavy duty gear box.

I think I found a great deal on this boat, motor, and trailer. The boat is a 1981 16' Blue Fin with the 10hp Evinrude motor. It has a trolling motr and a newer Karavan trailer.