• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new trailer bearings still have noise

Jmnhunter

Question

noticed the other day some noise echoing from the trailer when going through nisswa, when I got home, jacked up the trialer, one side was good and the otherside i could hear noticiable noise/grinding noise. So i replaced that side's bearings, cleaned everything. I inspected the races and I could not feel any pitting or nicks so I put the new bearings in there. Put everything together and spun the hub and it still has a noise associated with it, not nearly as bad prior to the new bearings but still some noise. I did a 7 mile test last night and it was just as cool as the other hub. Is it going to be ok? about how many miles should I know if its not warm by then, they're good to go?

thanks!

11 answers to this question

Usually the races come with the new bearings. The old ones can be driven out with a punch and hammer. the new ones should be installed with a race driver (not that expensive). Should take less than 20 minutes.

Or a new hub and bearing kit is not a bad option either. Less expensive than one might think.

Not My Videos....

Remove

Install

I just replaced the bearings on my atv trailer and what a PITA- took me a good 3 hrs of pounding out the races and pounding in the new ones- I wish there was a northern tool nearby so next time I could save myself time and just purchasing the hub kit- granted the previous owner must not have done them in a long time as the races were "froze" in the hub with rust