• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Targeted panfish a good portion of Friday and found them to be adjusting to the "dog days" of summer quite nicely :)  They were in the weeds right where they should have been... 7-10 feet holding in/near cover and in the pockets. The crappies were plentiful and eager to bite, the sunfish were more hesitant and you needed to get through the kamikaze crappies before having a shot at them. Twister tails on 1/16oz jig heads seemed to work the best. Pattern held consistent on several areas of the lake... just find any mainlake structure with a nice weed line and pitch into the sparse areas on the outside edge... fun way to fish!!

Your write-up is proving dead-on for me this summer. I troll weedlines for pike a lot in the summer. I always mark schools of suspended fish out deeper and I usually just keep on going. This summer, however, I've begun keeping a buoy handy and tossing it when I pass the school. Then I return to the spot and vertical jig with blade baits.

I'm learning that the suspended schools are usually crappies and those close to the bottom are usually sunfish. 

It has been a really fun pattern to learn.