Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Getanet

Book - MN DNR Experiences

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my hands on a book for Father's Day. It's written by a MN DNR Conservation Officer, sharing his experiences over the years.  But I don't know the title and am having trouble locating it. 

Does anyone know what book I'm talking about...and its Title or who the author is?

Edited by Getanet

On 22/6/2015 at 6:17 AM, delcecchi said:

I have seen several..

Perhaps

The Poachers caught vol 1 and 2 are also available through boundary waters catalog web sight. 

Superb collection .....

Hey thanks for bumping this back up. Last year I posted this too late for Father's Day, but these might be the ticket this year.  The Amazon descriptions don't make it easy to decide if the "Poachers Caught" or "They Used to Call Us Game Wardens" series are better. Has anyone read them and have a preference? 

Also, not sure what part of the states these stories took place in. My dad grew up around Mora, which is certainly north of the Twin Cities but not what I'd consider the Northwoods. If you happen to know if either of the books include stories from the Mora/Mille Lacs area please let me know.