Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Getanet

Book - MN DNR Experiences

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my hands on a book for Father's Day. It's written by a MN DNR Conservation Officer, sharing his experiences over the years.  But I don't know the title and am having trouble locating it. 

Does anyone know what book I'm talking about...and its Title or who the author is?

Edited by Getanet

On 22/6/2015 at 6:17 AM, delcecchi said:

I have seen several..

Perhaps

The Poachers caught vol 1 and 2 are also available through boundary waters catalog web sight. 

Superb collection .....

Hey thanks for bumping this back up. Last year I posted this too late for Father's Day, but these might be the ticket this year.  The Amazon descriptions don't make it easy to decide if the "Poachers Caught" or "They Used to Call Us Game Wardens" series are better. Has anyone read them and have a preference? 

Also, not sure what part of the states these stories took place in. My dad grew up around Mora, which is certainly north of the Twin Cities but not what I'd consider the Northwoods. If you happen to know if either of the books include stories from the Mora/Mille Lacs area please let me know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Has anyone been on Clear yet this season? Thinking about heading that way in a few weeks to try for some walleye and yellows. 
    •   Well wasn't cheap but you got fixed and it would have been a real mess if she blew out on the lake.
    • Congrats looks like a beautiful and productive lake! Nice work. 
    • Ended up being the clutch dog and reverse gear were wore out... 550 for parts...I almost ended up getting a whole new lower unit, but a buddy was able to find the parts...The shop said they discontinued the parts Yada Yada Yada, but some shop in Hackensack was able to find them I guess...just want the dang boat back ha...
    • That's rough DrJ, were you on public or private land?   
    • They're finally playing someone outside of the central division tonight, so we'll see what happens. Did Sano get suspended for throwing a punch yesterday?
    • OK, to go back to original question, how much current do the 12 volt pumps used in those sort of systems use?   I can go look up the information and figure it out, but I hoped someone here already knew the answer.  
    • DonBo, good luck on your bow quest,  your father raised you well!  What a great way to celebrate life by sharing a hunt together.
    • My family has LIfe 360 on our phones. It allows you to know exactly where that phone is at all times. My teenage kids were not to hip on the idea until my wife explained that you either have the app or you don't have a phone. It already saved a phone. My son dropped his phone in the middle of a bean field last summer.  We were able to use the app to drive a wheeler to within 10ft. Well worth it.
    • My personal opinion on the backup pumps is that they are a stop gap to buy you enough time to minimize the amount of water that backs up during a torrential storm while you get your primary pumps on a generator.    Obviously the biggest factor is to figure out how much water can enter the drainage system during the heaviest downpours and that can help you decide what gpm you need to stay ahead of the water. If you get a bigger backup pump then you will burn through a battery faster.    If you don't get a lot of water in the system ever and if the sump pump only runs periodically during even heavy rains and wet weather then you can get more run time from a smaller system.    There really isn't a way to say exactly what you need to be 100%safe unless you know exactly what flows you have.
  • Our Sponsors