• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone seeing any pheasant broods or chicks around yet? Hoping this wet weather isn't having any bad affects on hatches or young birds surviving.

Need to get some good hatches again this year and I already cant wait for fall.

I was just thinking the same thing as I came in to work this morning. Havent seen a bird in weeks, but then again, I don't travel in pheasant hotbed territory even when there were a lot of birds.

Only thing I have been seeing are goslings and 1 fawn this morning.

I totally agree with Purple Floyd. I have been seeing quite a few broods down here in the Worthington area. My  cousin saw one hen with fourteen chicks as she had to stop for them as they came across the road one at a time. We were due for a spring/summer like this for sure.

Has been more sightings in this area this summer within a few miles of our place, to the point they outnumber sasquatch for once. Even saw a dozen or so Huns this past week so things are on the uptick. :)

I heard another guy talking about seeing some huns. In the Mankatoish area. I sure hope they make a comeback. They are a blast. My old man had a covey of almost 20 get up no more than 10 yards from him and never fired a shot. LOL He thought they were all hen pheasants. By the time I yelled "HUNS" it was too late.

Yes, a great hatch in east central MN or best I've seen in 19 years near Mora,MN. Tons of young birds running around about 3/4ths grown or more now also, just this AM saw a hen with 11 young maybe more idk they were runnin of course.