• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota co-pilot

Groloe

Question

I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the Minnkota co-pilot wireless remote system? On the surface, it seems like a no brainer- it should simplify things. Is there a down side? Is it a larger drain on the batteries? Is there any sort of delay? Does the remote get in your way? I appreciate any advice.

3 answers to this question

The only power the remote would cost would be the battery in the remote. I can see it now,........5 hours from home,....3 miles out from shore,.....just got on a school,....remote battery?,.....dead. One more thing to drop in water. but for some it may be ideal. Me?,.....I fish with both hands, and have no room for a remote.

I just installed one today on a 65 autopilot, so far so good..I can see the remote is too small for cold fingers, but you can run the footpedal also. Overall I think I'm going to like the thing. Works good in the shop, we'll see how it goes on the water... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie