Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Groloe

Minnkota co-pilot

4 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the Minnkota co-pilot wireless remote system? On the surface, it seems like a no brainer- it should simplify things. Is there a down side? Is it a larger drain on the batteries? Is there any sort of delay? Does the remote get in your way? I appreciate any advice.

The only power the remote would cost would be the battery in the remote. I can see it now,........5 hours from home,....3 miles out from shore,.....just got on a school,....remote battery?,.....dead. One more thing to drop in water. but for some it may be ideal. Me?,.....I fish with both hands, and have no room for a remote.

I think it is too expensive of an option.
$150 -$175 is too much money.
I will stick with my foot pad. grin.gif

I just installed one today on a 65 autopilot, so far so good..I can see the remote is too small for cold fingers, but you can run the footpedal also. Overall I think I'm going to like the thing. Works good in the shop, we'll see how it goes on the water... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie