• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is there trailer parking allowed at the parking lot across the street from the boat launch? I was there this past winter, but don't remember if there were any signs regarding trailer parking. I have a little boat that I plan to run with my electric motor, but it all depends on the parking situation. Looks to be a fun lake to fish in the fall.

I have never been there, but it sounds like that is available for trailer parking.

Detailed Information for Homestead Parklands Boat Launch as of 3/21/2014

GENERAL INFORMATION

Landing NameHomestead Parklands Boat Launch
Landing TypeRAMP
Waterbody NamePerch Lake
MunicipalityTOWN OF SAINT JOSEPH
CountySt. Croix
Latitude45.05123304
Longitude-92.69928690
No. of Launch Lanes1
Launch SurfaceGravel
Launch Depthdeeper than 3 feet
Boarding Dock PresentNo
No. of Vehicle and Trailer Stalls6-10
No. of Vehicle Stalls16-20
Type of RestroomsPortable
Fish Cleaning AreaNo
Lighting PresentNo
Potable WaterNo
Marine PumpoutNo
Ramp Slope %14
Utilities Present 
CommentsThis is a steep, gravel launch off a town road. No gas powered motors are allowed. There is an adjacent parking lot.

Went to Perch Lake on Saturday. Long story short, if you plan to back down with a trailer, you better have 4 wheel drive! I didn't, so I didn't get the chance to fish it. Had I not had all 3 little kids with, I probably would've been ambitious enough to just drag my boat off the trailer and then back up the hill. Oh well, maybe next time.

Came back to Perch Lake today, and brought my 4WD with me! My dad and the kids spent the entire time at the park, while I fished in a canoe. I saw a few trout, even had a follow, but didn't catch any. I was hoping that St. Croix County was exempt from the trolling ban, as that would've been a great way to fish today, given the wind came from all sorts of directions. Anyway, only caught 1 little bass and 2 bluegills. Nice lake anyway, will definitely give it another try sometime.

Went to perch today. Probably about 8 inches of ice. Fished along the south shoreline. Caught a trout in the most unconventional way...had a dead stick setup, and while I was tending to other things, I went back to the hole where my dead stick WAS setup. Quickly scanned our area, and nowhere to be found. Got down and peaked down the hole (was about 5 ft deep), and there was my fishing pole and rod holder, sitting on the bottom! So, I put on a big treble hook in hopes to snag my stuff back. Was able to snag my reel right away, and there was a 13 inch rainbow trout on the other end! So this chunky salmonid was able to pull my fishing rod, while still attached to rod holder, and allow it to travel at the absolute perfect angle to fit down the hole! I was unsuccessful in getting my rod holder back. Other than that, not much happening. I didn't see anyone else catch anything. I marked 1 fish that came and gave my bait a sniff, but that's all.

Launched my boat on perch on Friday, and managed to puncture a hole in the left side of the bow in the process :blush: have no clue what I scraped it on, but luckily it was high enough about the water line, that it wasn't an issue. Mostly just trolled back and fourth, and along the shoreline. Caught 1 little bass, lost 3 others, then while trolling down the middle of the lake, I caught a nice fat rainbow trout! While trolling back to call it a day (against the wind), my battery died, and I was only halfway across the lake. So I got some good exercise paddling the rest of the way back.