• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

July 22nd, 2013 - Turtle Flambeau Flowage - Mercer Wisconsin 54547

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

July 22nd, 2013 - Turtle Flambeau Flowage - Mercer Wisconsin 54547

The summer fishing is holding up real well, when the wind is blowing on full day trips 30-50 walleyes and smallmouths is the norm not counting the action from all the other species. Twice recently we had unsolicited action from muskies once from an 18" hooked walleye and almost had a nice musky in the net from a hooked 11" walleye. Even on the flat sunny days we're bringing in good catches of fish usually from deeper water(12=15). Crawlers leeches casting 1/16oz. jigs and slip bobbers. The cover been fishing the last week is similar to last report when the big winds are blowing getting fish in 4fow.

Let's talk about fishing in the wind. I sometimes get asked questions on things I've been doing so long I take them for granted. I anchor broadside to the waves in up to 25 mph winds. This is done with 20-28lb. navy anchors and 100ft of heavy cotton rope and 2 feet of heavy chain attached to the anchors to get them to bite. Letting out a lot of rope gets the boat to hold position and allows the boat to bob up and down with the waves so you don't have waves crashing over the sides. When you get an anchor stuck in a stump(and you will)You tie the rope short to a stong point on the front of the boat and use the motor to pull the anchor off going in the direction into the waves.

I love fishing in the big winds we catch a lot of fish on days you don't see many boats on the water.

Mike thanks for the post it was fun fishing with you and your family. Great to see young people enjoying the outdoors. Speaking of young people having a great time fishing nice, nice hook set Joey Its like a good golf or baseball swing and its not as easy to teach as you would think.

Thank you to all who shared the boat with me.

Click to view the full article