• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The General

The Grebe

I got my first flathead of the season last night, 44 inches and 50# or better, cause the digital scale only goes up to 50# and it maxed out!  Of course, the first one of the season I had my pointer finger in the way of the line and now I have a nice, sore slice in it!  Nice way to start out, but it's gonna be hard to top?  Here's the kicker to this story.....this is the 3rd time we have caught this same catfish in 2 years.  I got it first in 2014....a month and a half later, my wife got it and at that time it weighed 46 pounds.  i got it again last night!  No question that it is the same fish, it has a distinctive scar around it's middle.  How ya like them apples?  My friend just gave the monster a name today...."The General"!   When I figure out how to better navigate this new (To me) HSO, I'll post a picture of the beast!  :-)

To post pics, there's a thing that says "drag files" -- meaning from windows explorer -- or you can click where it says "choose files" or "insert other media" and then browse over to your picture to get it uploaded.  Or insert a URL if you have it on a picassa or photobucket or other site.

I love hearing pics of fish caught multiple times.  My two largest catfish (43 and 47 lbs) were both caught by anglers I know in the weeks prior and after the fact.  Add in the dozens or hundreds of anglers that frequent those spots on other days over the years, and you can bet some of these big beasts are caught maybe up to 50 or 100 times in their lifetime.  Congrats to you, and keep spreading the catch-and-release word.  I think many people overestimate how many of these big beasts there are, and think "what harm can it be if I keep this 50 pounder to eat".  They just don't grow on trees, and they take 30 years to replace once killed!  Kudos for releasing and re-catching "the general", and feel free to post pics of her/him every time you catch him.  Would be nice to see how this thread progresses and how many re-catches y'all get from "the general".