• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Staining landscape pavers

slammer

My bullet edgers have been in for 20 years and have faded from original tan color.  Anyone have experience with staining these. Could you use regular deck stain or is it a specific product?   Kind of spendy to replace so would like to try this.

I don't have an good answer except to suggest that painting them will be a PITA as they have cracks, ridges, and most importantly dirt all around them.  How long do you intend to stay in the house?  Would it be acceptable to mount a board in front and make it whatever color you want?  It wouldn't have to be much as it won't be holding anything back.   Just some ideas.

I am redoing all the landscaping around the house  because it has shifted and settled over 20 years since installed.   Remove, repair, replace.   Plan to stay here till I die.    Seems like a waste to replace with new.  Watched a few videos and yes it looks like a PITA but I have time and am just picking away at it.  Gonna try some oil based deck stain on one for a sample.  Next time at the big box store I'll see what they know about it.  Just thought I would ask.  A lot of resourceful people here.

Check with a real paint store if you're going to do it.  Abbott, Hirshfields, some place like that.  They have a lot better exposure to a variety of things than someone at a big box.

Went to the paint store today and there is a product for it.  It etches into the stone and is about $75 a gal.  Only need one coat  so should go a long ways.

Thanks for the replies.