• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

leaving in 10 days

Five bucks I had a great time fishing with you, Believe it or not this last week we have had some incredible red fishing, big numbers of reds pushing through Soldotna right now. We are picking them up on our plugs fishing for silvers. Fishing is HOT right now. I wish it would have been like this while you were here. 

The way its been the last couple of years I may have to push my trips back to early August as the runs have been later and later.  Our last day was very hot fishing where, for a while, you were hooking up every 5 flips.  See you in a year or two depending on how much fish I can eat this winter.

On 8/6/2015 at 9:03 PM, fivebucks said:

Another great trip is in the books.  We did very well on our saltwater charters with each of us getting about a 70 lb. halibut and the required halibut under 29".  My buddy also caught his first Ling Cod and another guy on the boat got an approximate 50 lb. toad of a Ling Cod.  Our first charter was out of Seward and our second out of Ninilchik.  As you can see from the pics the boat did well on both of them.  The Sockeye were a little tougher to come by as the run was not great while we were there.  We had some days with only a fish or two each and others with limits.  Our fishing ended on a high note with getting an easy limit of six each our last day of fishing.  I caught and released another 4 fish while my buddy cleaned his six.  We took a guided trip on the Kenai with FM's "Live4Chrome".  Andrew knows the river and we had a good day of fishing with him.  While we were both experienced at flossing reds we both picked up some helpful tips from him.  I would recommend him to anyone looking to fish the Kenai.  We had our places to bank fish for the price of parking but it was nice to get out on a boat, see the river, and avoid some of the crowds and combat fishing the Kenai is known for.  We spent our first and last nights in my old stomping grounds of Seward and the rest of the time near Soldotna.  It was good to see the mountains again and we even felt a nice earthquake (6.3 out west of Soldotna across Cook Inlet).  The rumbler lasted about 45 seconds to a minute and was probably the best one I ever felt.  We also had a rare thunderstorm so all sorts of good things came together.  We each brought back 100 lbs. of fish so I will have to work that down fast if I want to go back up next year.

2015-07-25_18-32-08_85.jpg

2015-08-01_11-07-26_580.jpg

DSC01790.JPG

Great catch, congrats!