Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herefish101

Props

5 posts in this topic

I bought a used Princecraft 178 SF Special Edition, with a 135 Ficht Ram Evinrude, it came with a Solas 3X14.8X19 aluminum prop on it. At full throttle with just me in the boat it maxes out at 45 MPH but the RPM's are only getting to 5000 RPM, this is a V6 motor, but I thought i'd get more RPM than this, I've looked around the internet and can't find anything about the original prop pitch that came with this boat. Does anyone think a 19 pitch is to much? Or is 5000 RPM about right? I would like to get a Stainless prop for this boat but I'm not rich and I don't want to buy the wrong one. Any info would be much appreciated. Even just point me towards a store in the north metro wher I could get this info. Thanks. 

Mark's prop shop in Stacy loaned me props to find the right one for my set up. It took 3 props to get to the one that worked the best for me. He sells new and used props.

herefish101 likes this

Do you usually run solo or with other people in the boat?  Moving down to a 17 pitch should put you at around 5500 in similar conditions and solo, which should give you a couple more MPH if that is what you are looking for.

herefish101 likes this

@ Pat K. that is awesome! This is exactly what i'm looking for.

@ BartmanMN Mostly with at least one other person, but I do have a family of four and sometimes were all in the boat.

I'd check your owners manual and see what the max RPM is for this motor.  I did a little quick looking online and found a couple of spots that indicate Max RPM is 5250 on that motor...

marine_man

herefish101 and BartmanMN like this