• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who has a TV mounted in a mobile Skid House?

rickwalley

Hey Guys..........

I'm thinking hard about adding one of the larger, true 12 volt TVs (28"-32"), but I'm wondering how a mounted TV handles the bouncing a skid house goes through as it moves to many spots throughout the day on a lake....especially one that may not have alot of snow cover. Can I leave it mounted as I move around?  I can't image having to take it down every time I fire the ATV up to move my 8x10 aluminum hardside skidhouse.  Who has run this scenario through the ringer?  I feel this question is more applicable to a skidhouse, as the wheelhouses have their suspensions that clearly absorb a lot of that bouncing around a skid house goes through.  On a side note, I'm thinking of the true 12volt designed TVs (Jensen or Majestic) not just because they draw a lot less power than your normal big box store 110V version on an inverter, but also because they're described as being designed for the  additional abuse a TV goes through in the RV or Marine environments.  Maybe that's why they'd survive the bouncing around better?  If any of you have decided that leaving it while traveling around is working, are you using a fixed mounting bracket, or is one of the swinging mounts also an option that can be swung into place and locked?

It's a big investment, so I'd really like to hear from you guys that know all about this firsthand.

Thanks.........

I have a 27" viewsonic 12 volt TV in my skid house.  What I did was recess the TV into the wall and attached the TV through the wall with longer screws and lockwashers from the back side of the wall.  I have had no issues with the tv for the last 3 years.   I am sure you could use a regular TV mount as well, just make sure you use loctite when you insert the screws so they don't come loose on you.