• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Truth?

mrklean

I saw the same thing, Tonka is pretty awesome for the metro, same with Bald eagle as that is much closer to home, why not White Bear though?

here is the link

http://www.startribune.com/boaters-anglers-hunters-and-more-will-be-affected-by-new-laws-passed-by-minnesota-legislature/304833351/

Per the FB post lakes are 

MInnetonka, Rebecca, Bald Eagle, Stieger, LIbbs, Peavy, Tanager and Forest in Hennepin and Carver cty.

East and west rush in Chisago cty

Wabedo lake in Cass

Edited by jvm1

I live across the street from Tonka and had planned to pretty much give up spearing, at least not put my own house out next year.  Now I am building a new spearhouse and am excited for the upcoming season.  Those big Tonka carp should be fun, and finding clear water not stacked with other spearhouses near home might not suck.

An fyi for those going to spear Tonka, there is a rule of having no ice blocks on the ice.  So either push your block under, or be prepared to load it in the back of your truck. link to LMCD winter rules pdf, page 3

What lakes still have a spearing ban?  Pleasant?

Well I'm sure Tonka will be Mille Lacs Jr next year filled with houses, hopefully its not to bad

It might end up taking some of the pressure off the lake from those who live in the metro area. There is a lot of good fish able water on tonka. I just hope we don't see any issues with people going swimming. That lake claims a lot of people every year. Most in the type of areas that spear fisherman might be targeting.