• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Signing In

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Welcome to the NEW HSO forums. If you have trouble signing in please delete your old HSO cookies. Your sign-in name is your old display name, spaces can cause an issue and you can change your display name as well as your password once you are signed in. You will be locked out if you keep putting in the wrong sign-in name or password. Use the Forgot Password feature before you do it three times. Be sure to read the email for your sign-in name and password. If you do not receive an email you may not be registered. So Sign-up.

If you do get locked out we will eventually see it and unlock you. We will be checking for locked users regularly for the 1st couple of days.

LOL a signature Del statement. :)

It's a 15 minute lock and it's built in to to keep folks from hacking your sign-in.

Edited by Rick

People run dictionary attacks on HSO logins?

Oh well, 15 minutes isn't bad.  At least we don't have to call someone to get it unlocked like some sites.

Oh, and you said "we will eventually see it and unlock you", which sounded like a manual process :)

Edited by delcecchi

I don't know Del, it's how the forums are set. We don't have an option right now on it.

It is what it is.

I just thought it was typical you with the draconian response you gave. :D

There are two sites.  Some forums are on one and some on the other.  Some appear in the forum list on both sites.  A few are only on the list on one site. 

I am guessing this is in preparation for an expansion, so there could be a hso/Fishing Wisconsin site, for example, in addition to what is now available

dra·co·ni·an
drəˈkōnēən/
adjective

1. (of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.
    synonyms:harshseverestrictextremedrasticstringenttough

I had to look that up, kind of figured thats what it mean't

​Glad to help with vocabulary. 

OK, call me confused???  There are two sites, it appears they both hold the same information, appears redundant.   What am I missing??

Thanks

​Each forum holds different information. Neither is the same. They do link to each other through forum redirects.

If you click on one of the Forums in the Minnesota Fishing Reports - Hunting category it will take you from the HSO site  to the FM forum you selected. They are easy to spot as they have no post count and they will tell you how many clicks on that link.

We will be implementing single sign-on possibly tomorrow. You sign-up or sign in to one forum and you have access to the other without the need to sign on or sign-up again.

There are nicer things coming and will wait until we have these forums stabilized. I suggest posting in here and giving out "Like this" to others now if you want to be in a VIP forum where it's limited and the best at sharing info can see and share detailed info.

Edited by Rick

Hey Rick, is there something I may need to do to be able to see newly posted pictures/photos?  I can see pics posted before the change but nothing that was posted today.  I am sure it is something on my end but not sure where to start.

Not that it matters really, but why did my post count fall by 200+?

Thanks

Edited by ANYFISH2

All I see is your text.  No symbol or other indication of a pic even being present. 

I posted pic in the bass forum this morning, and I could see the pics in the reply box as I was writing, when I submitted it and returned to forum all I could see was my text.  I believe it was Bartman that replied he could see pics fine.  I also can not see any pics Scoot posted of his sons turkey in the turkey forum.  However, all pics prior to Saturday I can see just fine.

Edited by ANYFISH2

That's weird, I see them fine. I don't know what to say. Maybe it's your cache settings?

I always start simple and that would mean a complete reboot or power cycle.  I had problems importing photos to the site (the old site) but when I would reboot my phone the problem would clear up and I'd be good to go for a while.  Worth a shot. 

So how do we now go about posting pictures? The old way was so easy with the little icon at the top? And what about emoticons, all I see or get is a smile face in the above bar? I want this new system to work but I am not always a smile face guy! :-(

Why do they have that you click on the dot to get the first read?  Why would you not make the topic clicked on to bring you to the first thread?  Doesnt make much sense to me or any other forum that I am part of.  Ooops clicked the topic (which it use to always be) now i have no clue where in the thread I was.