• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trophy Memory!

LABS4ME

Not all turkey hunting trophies come with a fan and beard...

This morning I was going out for the last time of the season... set up and everything was eeeilry silent. No gobbles, no fly downs, nothing in the field...

about 8:30 I was reaching for my phone to see if anything was blowing up at the office, when I here the rush of wind through wings, quickly glance up and see a big dark bird right over the top of my hen decoy... and then a loud WHAP!... First thought was a late fly down from a Tom, but soon realized it was a bald eagle putting the smack down on what he thought would be a tasty breakfast... he then landed 5 yards away. I quickly started trying to take pics, while poor in quality you can kind of see him hop scotch over to the deke to find out why it's still standing and then flying away... it must have been some kind of hit as it bent the steel rod the deke was standing on...

full-357-55787-eagle.jpg

full-357-55788-eagle2.jpg

full-357-55789-eagle3.jpg

full-357-55790-eagle4.jpg

full-357-55791-eagle5.jpg

full-357-55792-eaglebent.jpg

A hunt I will always remember!

Good Luck!

Ken

That's a pretty cool experience! Reminds me of one of mine from a couple years back. I was turkey hunting in the Bitteroot of Montana and had a wolf come out of nowhere to attack my turkey decoy. I didn't have time to get a picture as he turned tail and ran like hell after he swatted the decoy and broke my stake in half.

Cool! Had a similar experience: Last morning of my season, a gobbler coming in from the woods behind me. A red-tail flys over and gives my hen decoy a look. Gobbling is getting closer and the hawk smacks my decoy on the 2nd pass, hard behind the head. The gobbling is closer yet and my attention is focused on that, behind and to my left. Out of my right comes the hawk again, hits the deke again and scares the mess out me. Now I'm starting to worry that the hawk is gonna scare my bird away! It makes one last pass without hitting, the gobbler finally struts out a few minutes later and the rest is history. 23#, 9 1/2" beard and 1" spurs. Fun morning!