• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bunk Trailer Slides on Fiberglass?

-Marc V-

Does anyone have any experience in replacing carpeted bunks on your trailer with the plastic slides? I have a Tuffy Osprey 1760 and the carpet is starting to wear through on the tip of the middle two bunks. Thinking of maybe going the plastic slide route with cedar to not have to worry about it again.

Read online that a guy used exterior pvc at a much cheaper price point than ordering a marine kit, but he had an aluminum boat. Not sure if that would work with a fiberglass. I'm a little hesitant to push my luck too much with fiberglass.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc. Are you referring to the plastic plates you mount on the bunks? If so; keep an eye on them!!

A friend put them on the bunks of his Ranger trailer. They worked awesome for a while, but then realized the plastic had worn down exposing the screw heads. Tore up the bottom of his boat! Wasn't cheap getting it repaired.